INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED] SM 1.5.9. USB Devices not connecting.

• Thank you received: 1
Hi Everyone, 

Yesterday I was preparing my set to do some imaging after a long period of cloudy nights.
No matter how much I tried, I couldn't connect to most of my USB Devices. (EQmod, Pegasus PPBA, Pegasus DMFC)
Both my cameras (zwo) were inconsistent.

I decided to focus my troubleshooting on the EQmod driver since it is directly connected to my Pi4B (4GB) and I don't have to worry about USB hubs.
I've tried adding serial port mapping, removing serial port mapping, and connecting to every USB port in INDI. Then I tried the same on different physical USB ports.
I abandoned the night figuring it might be a hardware problem. Today, I resumed troubleshooting. Now I've tried all the same using my backup Pi3B. 
Again, no luck. 

Lastly, I tried my backup sd card where I kept a version of stellarmate 1.5.7. 
Everything worked perfectly without so much as a warning. 
It occurred to me that I was running 1.5.9 on the SD cards that I had only used it with simulators thus far. 
I had completely skipped SM 1.5.8. 

I did use K-Stars 3.5.3 as a client with SM 1.5.7 and didn't have any problems. So I think I can focus on the Pi and perhaps INDI?

What can I do to troubleshoot this further? I'm fine running 1.5.7 for now, but would like to solve this anyway.
Any help will be greatly appriciated.

Regards, Remco
2 years 8 months ago #73622

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Remco for what it is worth I am able to connect all my ASI cameras and the EQMOD mount including my ZWO EAF's with Stellarmate 1.5.9.  I am running kstars 3.5.4.  I am seeing on occasion that the eqmod driver is completely dropped from the indi control panel but only after I've been connected, disconnect and then try to reconnect without shutting down and going back into kstars.  In fact I've had to restart the driver completely in the stellarmate web manager to be able to connect again.  Seems like the driver may be crashing and a restart of eqmod on the system or restart of indi server is the only thing that solves it.  If you have a direct usb connection to your mount,  and your using an <strong>AZEQ5 or EQ6R</strong> Mounts, make sure to set the baud rate to 115200.  I would try to update to the latest kstars, and if that does not work for you then maybe look at a fresh install by recreating your media from balena etcher.  Best of luck but you can rest assured that it is not a widely known hardware compatability issue.  Most likely something is not quite right with the installation.  Here is my connect output on the Ekos console:
2021-07-18T13:39:22 ZWO CCD ASI2600MC Pro is online.2021-07-18T13:39:22 Guider port from ZWO CCD ASI120MM Mini is ready.2021-07-18T13:39:22 ZWO CCD ASI120MM Mini is online.2021-07-18T13:39:21 ASI EAF focuser is online.
2021-07-18T13:39:21 Guider port from EQMod Mount is ready.2021-07-18T13:39:21 EQMod Mount is online.2021-07-18T13:39:21 EQMod Mount is online.2021-07-18T13:39:21 Remote devices established.2021-07-18T13:39:20 EQMod Mount is online.2021-07-18T13:39:20 INDI services started. Connection to remote INDI server is successful. Waiting for devices...2021-07-18T13:39:20 Connecting to remote INDI server at 192.168.1.93 on port 7,624 ...
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Marv Dean.
2 years 8 months ago #73645

• Thank you received: 140
I have a similar issue and have not been able to get EQMOD to connect for a month now, and believe me, I have tried everything…..so there is an issue somewhere…..
2 years 8 months ago #73647

The original post mentioned he is having issue with all of his USB devices so I was not singling out the EQMOD driver per say.  As you say there could be an underlying issue with the eqmod driver and/or a conflict between eqmod and other device drivers running on your indi server.  I read through your thread on not being able to connect up to the eq8 mount.  You might try isolating drivers in your setup to see if there is some kind of conflict between them.  I hope that you can make some headway in troubleshooting your eqmod issues.  But it seems that you are on the right track in your other thread.  Best Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
2 years 8 months ago #73651

Can you please open a ticket with stellarmate.com? This way perhaps we can remote in StellarMate and check the issue out.
2 years 8 months ago #73669

just on the eqmod....i recommend getting a pegasus bluetooth eqdmod. one less cable and work really well. my SM is on the top of my scope and the bluetooth eqmod is on the side of the mount so there's never any signal strength issue. no issues with slow guiding commands or anything.
I know it doesn't solve your usb issue. sorry. just a lateral thought :-)
2 years 8 months ago #73769

Thanks all.
I'll do what Jasem suggested and open a ticket.

For completeness. 
I focussed on the EQmod driver to keep the number of variables down. It is connected directly to the SM.
All the other devices including the cameras are running through the PA powerbox hub which would be one more level of complexity.

2 years 8 months ago #73774

• Thank you received: 140
@Remco,
that’s how all mines connected, but either way EQMOD does not work….good luck with the SM support ticket….. 
2 years 8 months ago #73776

Quick update on this issue:

Jasem logged in to my Pi this afternoon and was able to quickly diagnose that my Pi was underpowered 
I was a little disappointed since I was using the dedicated Raspberry Pi power output on the Pegasus Astro Pocket Powerbox Advanced.
But using both a dedicated Pi power supply and the 12v to 5v. cable (included in the official SM package) the problems disappeared.

Thanks Jasem!
2 years 8 months ago #73807

Thanks for posting your issue resolution. I know that the Pegasus Astro Powerbox software lets you regulate the voltage to your individual outputs including the pi. But this is good to know.
2 years 8 months ago #73810

Time to create page: 1.113 seconds