INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Need some help. Calibration no longer working with Ekos internal guider, runs away in RA with brand new EQ6-R. Works in PHD2

• Thank you received: 1
For the past couple of nights I have been unable to use the internal guider and had to rely on PHD2 for guiding when it use to work flawlessly a few nights ago..

I'm calibrating near the equator and meridian like I normally would, but for some reason calibration is now running away in RA without ever coming back. I can event get to calibrating DEC anymore on a brand new EQ6-R.
It is all working fine in PHD2 through Ekos and calibrates perfectly. I've tried different steps and iterations in Ekos guide module options, but the same result every-time... I previously successfully calibrated Ekos guide module many times before using the recommended number given to me by PHD2 for my location, focal length, pixel size and pointing at the meridian/equator and that gives me 1100ms pulse. I had it on 7 iterations and it always looked perfectly perpendicular with very little backlash... guiding at 0.5... but now my calibration plot looks like a complete mess (attached pic)

I have cleared previous calibration many times, my polar alignment is good. the mount is balanced with no snags.. all cable managed
Any idea how I could fix this issue?

I've included a screen shot of what happens in the calibration in Ekos. I have also included the guider assistant result from last night from PHD2 in case that helps.

Also I'm sure if this could be related but I have had intermittent issue with my EQ6-R usb version crashing Ekos as soon as it would connect to the mount. Deleting all my profiles and creating a fresh one my all the same gear would also result in the exact same issue, ekos crashing instantly when connecting to the mount. I had to first create a profile with a Simulator CCD and EqMod only for it to not crash when connecting to the mount and THEN modify that profile with my gear (canon eosm100 and a Zwo ASI 120mm)... I'm not sure what that is

On another note, when I got it working in the past, I have noticed that if I did my calibration using a binning of 1x with my guide camera and then switch to bin 2x when guiding, my guiding was instantly 40% better guiding in between 0.4 to 0.5 rms... Calibration on bin 2x and guiding at bin 2x does not yield the same results and i'm around 0.8 to 0.9... that seems odd to me as I shouldn't be doing my calibration at a different bin than my guiding....? PHD2 actually brings up an error message when trying to do that I believe.

I would appreciate any help on this!

Thanks
2 years 7 months ago #74863
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 109
Enable logs for mount and guiding. Where are the blue DEC calibration points? Probably it doesn't get past the clearing DEC backlash step?

Also when you switch to bin2 I think it just confuse error calculation. That it calculate with bin1 pixel/arcsec scale but by bin2 you make all guiding star movement 2 times smaller so even RMS error is two times smaller. But in reality guiding was probably slightly worse.
2 years 7 months ago #74865

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds