INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Exposures aborted by exceeding the limits are still saved

• Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone, my mount does not have a perfect guide, so I set the limits for the deviation to abort the shot, the problem is that when for example I set an exposure to 300 seconds, it stops at 30 seconds, the image it is saved anyway.
So I have to go and erase them by hand every time.Is there a way to not save the aborted exposures?
2 years 5 months ago #76612

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31
Roberto,

Whenever cloud or other things happen I have the capture restart and I have never seen it save the incomplete capture and I don't see any good reason to allow this, so there is no setting I am aware of.

You should provide some logs to show what is happening.

Paul
2 years 5 months ago #76614

In fact it seemed like a nonsense thing to me, I noticed that saving does it 1 time out of 3 that the exposure is blocked and it also happens that the exposure timer starts to display numbers at random only to stabilize after a full exposure.
Now I have no logs available, but I will enable them for the next session and post them here, thanks.
2 years 5 months ago #76618

• Thank you received: 109
I know this was looked at recently. What versions of kstars and INDI are you running?
2 years 5 months ago #76629

Kstars Version 3.5.2 Stable
Indi 1.9.2
2 years 5 months ago #76633

• Thank you received: 109
indilib.org/forum/development/10346-asi-...age-after-abort.html

This is the thread where it was discussed. You did not say what your camera was, but the fix was in the ASI driver in indi-3rdparty. It should have been in 1.9.2 though, so perhaps this is something different.

What is your equipment? You may want to set up a signature to help with debugging. Here is how: indilib.org/forum/new-forum-users/8195-w...ndi-forum.html#63061
2 years 5 months ago #76634

I updated the signature to show my gear i also updated kstar to the latest version right now, tonight i will try again and hope it doesn't happen
2 years 5 months ago #76635

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds