INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Running two StellarMates/Rigs at same time?

• Thank you received: 16
If this information is already present in the forum, please let me know.

I use StellarMate OS on a RPi for my current setup, which is connected to my home network and I access it via Real VNC.  I'm currently setting up a second rig, which will also be using StellarMate OS on a RPi and connected to my home network.  I want to have the ability to use both rigs at the same time.  What is the procedure that will allow me to this?

Thanks!

Ron
2 years 6 months ago #76644

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 565
Ron, I do this with KStars/Ekos. I just treat the two systems as separate. I have two different remote desktop sessions. They don't know about each other.
In my case I use NoMachine, and after I connect to the first machine, the File menu has a "New Main Window" option to start the 2nd session.
Hy
2 years 6 months ago #76645

• Thank you received: 16
Hy,

Thanks! How do you tell the two apart in VNC? Is there a way to change their "name"?

Ron
2 years 6 months ago #76647

• Thank you received: 54
I can confirm that NoMachine works very nicely for two independant instances of KStars/Ekos, controlling two mounts and telescopes, using ODroid C4. That will likely come in handy this winter as I can control everything from inside the house.
2 years 6 months ago #76648

• Thank you received: 565
I think what I did, when I used VNC, is have my router reserve an ip address to the different machines, so I knew ahead of time which IP address was which, and then I told vnc to go the IP address. For NoMachine, it discovers the machines on the network, so that's a little easier.
2 years 6 months ago #76652

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds