INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Use VNC client on Linux PC and Ipad

• Thank you received: 14
Hi,

i started using Astroberry for 8 months now, and i purchased a Stellarmate OS last week to reward Jasem's great work.

I have a couple of points to use it.
  1. with the hotspot network (10.250.250.1),I can't connect stellarmate using RealVNC client, both on my Windows 10, linux PC and Ipad. This works great with any browser (but not with firefow on my Ipad), but i'd like to use the realVNC, which i am used, specially on my Ipad. I know i can use the stellarmate app but i prefer the kstars/Ekos interface.I have tried several adresses like stellarmate.local:6080, stellarmate.local:5900; 10.250.250.1:6080; 10.250.250.1:5900, but none of them works. The window is closed as soon as the connection succed. Same thing with Remmina with my Linux PC. I have seen that the VNC interface in the RASpi configuration is diabled, maybe i have to enable it.
  2. Another point : How set a permanent location in Kstars without GPS dongle. In Kstars, i have added my location in the database, but when i reboot my Rpi4, this location is never used by default.
Val
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Val Chevalier.
2 years 4 months ago #77486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello Val,

Thank you for your support.

1.  I can use RealVNC just fine with StellarMate, see image below. Not sure why it wouldn't work, it always worked for me.

2. When you reboot, what is used then? If you use the App, then you'll see "GPS Location" which your phone/tablet location being set in KStars.
2 years 4 months ago #77501
Attachments:

Thanks Jasem

1 . Now it's OK, i can't use RealVNC or Remmina with my laptop, but the web browser interface works. And I finally connect to remote desktop using VNC on Ipad. Everything is ok now.

2 . The first times, the location was always asking for GPS location (i don't have a GPS dongle in the Rpi4, only a RTC) but after a couple days, the default location is now the one i set in the database of Kstars. That's perfect for me.

Sorry to have bother
2 years 4 months ago #77607

Just for information, on my linux laptop, i can use RealVNC to access the remote control but not Remmina, the connection succeed but is closed immediatly. That's odd because i used remmina with Astroberry without any issue. I have not tested with Remmina on Windows computer.

Val
2 years 3 months ago #78180

Time to create page: 0.873 seconds