INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Tracking issues with Celestron Astro Fi mount

• Thank you received: 0
I'm new Stellarmate user, and I was really amazed until this issue appeared.
Last couple of days I was having issues while tracking objects. For some reason I can see that mount is not able to track properly. I'm using kstars on a Windows machine, I have doubled checked location and time are correct.
Once connected to Stellarmate (it's running on RPi4) I can control mount and camera with no issues.

Last night I was trying to photograph Pleiades, so I selected it on kstars, I did a GoTo and once mount arrived, I used "Capture and Solve" for centering object. After 3 or 4 attemps it was centered. After that I can see that mount status says "tracking" but it's not doing properly.
I'm not able to take a picture of more than 2 seconds without stars trailing. If I check pointer in kstars I can see that it's moving from selected object little by little and after a couple of minutes it's quite far away.

I'm a bit desperate because a week ago (in my first attempt) it was working fine. I was doing exposures of 25 secs with no issues. I took a total of 30 mins exposure and object was centered. So I don't really know what I've changed
Using Skysafari connected to my mount, I could see that tracking mode was set as "sideral" which is correct.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance and regards,
Jacobo

2 years 4 months ago #77679

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Second attempt and things are getting worse. Now I'm not able to do a correct goto. When I select and object, mount starts moving in the wrong direction. After a while it stops and then go back. After few seconds (20 or 30 secs) it starts moving in the opposite direction again. And repeat the process several times until I stop the mount.

I don't really know what I'm doing wrong. Is there any way I can find a guide about how to use stellarmate properly?
As far as I know, first thing I have to do is to power on mount leveled and pointing to north, is it right? I can park and unpark with no issues but gotos are not working fine.

Is anyone able to help me?
2 years 4 months ago #78081

Finally I was able to solved my second issue: mount moves to wrong direction and not able to goto. I solved it by deselecting "cord wrap" option in INDI Control Panel.
But I'm still with tracking issues. I realized that when I do a goto mount is tracking properly. But once I sync or "Capture & Solve" tracking stopped.

I have seen this error in log file:
[2021-11-28T01:34:19.266 Hora estándar romance DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - Celestron WiFi : "[DEBUG] Target (AltAz): 38.161949 93.618744 Scope (AltAz) 37.933109 93.440008 "
[2021-11-28T01:34:19.266 Hora estándar romance DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - Celestron WiFi : "[DEBUG] Tracking rate: Alt -0.006311 Az -0.004939 ; Errors : Alt: 10664.736605 Az: 8329.713901 "

Any ideas?
2 years 4 months ago #78102

Time to create page: 0.518 seconds