INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Can I please have the full screen in VNC back? Top menu is non responsive, extra Stellarmate bars are just taking up space on the display.

• Thank you received: 6
Top menu is non responsive, makes it more or less impossible to use - you can't toggle between the programs by clicking them, furthermore you can't start any of the programs or click on the Stellarmate menu. Right click is also not working.
I also don't need the extra Stellarmate bar to the left or the top bar - they only take up valuable space.
Am I the only one being a "bit" unsatisfied with the current setup?

2 years 3 months ago #78703
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4
If you vnc into Stellarmate using the address 10.250.250.1:6080/vnc.html instead of Stellarmate.local you will be free of all the bits and pieces around the main window.
Mike
2 years 3 months ago #78704

Thanks Mike, it works :-)
But I would still like the Stellarmate team to reconsider the functionality of the current vnc window embedded in the Stellarmate.local window.
I do not have an issue using the ip address, but people who have no clue what to do and just want an "Working out of the box" solution, this is frustrating and will only push potential users away from Stellarmate.
That would be a shame, it's a fantastic tool.
So please @Jasem, if you still want to have the vnc window embedded in the Stellarmate.local window, then ensure the usual user interface is not jeopardized.
2 years 3 months ago #78719

• Thank you received: 4
Yeah. I think 95% of my problems/issues/challenges were in exploring communications between my Mac, the Rpi,and the tablet for the Stellarmate app plus having options of Stellarmate hotspot,house wifi and wired connection. Once you make a choice of the communication setup the Kstars/Ekos environment is a dream to use so the initial problems fade away. But I agree it is discouraging for the new user.

Mike
2 years 3 months ago #78727

I suppose we can put back "External" URLs for VNC and Web Manager, or you can use RealVNC and have a better experience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keld Henningsen
2 years 3 months ago #78748

The URL solution would be just fine Jasem, that would work out of the box.
Embedding the VNC window in the stellarmate.local UI looks good, but with the issues of not being able to click on the upper part of the window is a problem. Moving the menu bar to the bottom does not solve the entire problem, now you have an issue minimizing/closing maximized programs.
2 years 3 months ago #78754

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds