INDI Library v1.9.6 Released (21 May 2022)

Bi-monthly INDI Library released with new drivers and bug fixes.

Connecting to two StellarMate via VNC

• Thank you received: 10
I've been running StellarMate OS on an RPi (connected to my home wifi) located in my permanent dome/pier and connecting via Real VNC of my Mac for about a year.  I would now like to run another StellarMate OS on an RPi (connected to my home wifi) on a tripod outside the dome at the same time, also connected via Real VNC on my Mac.  Is this possible?  If so, how do I do it?  I can't find any info about this in the manual.

Thanks!

Ron
Mounts: Sky-Watcher EQ6-R Pro, Meade LX85, Celestron NexStar Evolution Alt/Az
OTAs: Celestron 8" Edge HD w/Celestron Focus Motor, Meade 80mm APO Triplet Refractor w/ZWO EAF
Cameras: ASI533MC Pro, ASI183MC Pro, ASI224MC, ASI120MC-S, ZWO ASI290MM
Raspberry Pi 4 with Stellarmate OS, MacBook Pro
4 months 1 week ago #79379

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 52
Assuming your home wifi router is also the DHCP server this is quite easy to do. Your router will assignn different IP addresses to each device.
If you are using static IP addresses for the RPis then make sure each one is different.
You just run two VNC sessions with each one connecting to the relevant IP address.

If the RPis are running as hotspots its a bit harder
-- Ken
RPi3 Ubuntu Server 20.04, Windows 10 AMD64, AAEON UP Core Ubuntu Desktop 20.04
Avalon M-Uno, EQ6 Pro, Atik420, ASI1600MM-C, ASI120MM-S, DBK21AU04, ZWO EFW, Optec TCFSi
Vixen R150S, GSO RC8, ST80
4 months 6 days ago #79386

Yes, you just need to change the hostname of the 2nd StellarMate (can be done in the App --> Device tab). Then restart and connect to it using that hostname.
Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
4 months 6 days ago #79389

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds