INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Dithering error that I don't understand

• Thank you received: 16
I'm using the new version 1.7.0 tonight and overall having good results.  My guiding is very good at 0.3-0.6 and it seems to be running smoothly.  My only "fly in the ointment" is that I'm getting this error regarding dithering.  I'm using PHD2 for guiding... so perhaps there's an issue with the communications.  I get the same error whether I'm using the new "one pulse" option or not.  Can anyone tell me what it means?

2022-01-18T22:48:36 Guiding resumed.
2022-01-18T22:48:36 Dithering completed successfully.
2022-01-18T22:48:36 PHD2: There was a dithering error, but continue guiding.
2022-01-18T22:48:36 PHD2: Settling failed (timed-out waiting for guider to settle).

Ron
2 years 3 months ago #79639

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 565
The one-pulse option doesn't apply to PHD2 (it would be ignored).  In fact, I intended to grey-it-out when PHD2 was in use, but apparently that needs to be corrected.

I assume the PHD2 settling error would mean that it set a dither target position, but failed to reach that position in the time allotted. 
You could try increasing the parameter "PHD2 Dither Timeout" in the Ekos guider settings, dithering section.
2 years 3 months ago #79645

• Thank you received: 16
Hy,

Thanks for your reply. I'll give that a try.

I was trying to figure out if it really did complete dithering correctly, as my subs look like they did.  Plus, I ultimately get a "Dithering completed successfully".

It's weird because I've never gotten that error before... so thought it might related to the new version.

Thanks,

Ron
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Ron Clanton.
2 years 3 months ago #79655

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds