INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

StellarMate app via bluestacks?

• Thank you received: 1
I can't seem to get it working.. Has anybody done it?

I have StellarMate running on a Pi4. It connects to my wifi without any problems. On my android phone, the app works fine - it connects and everything seems good. Same on my crappy old android tablet.

I have BlueStacks on my nice windows laptop which lets me run android apps on windows. If I open chrome *within bluestacks*, I can get to the IP address of StellarMate and that seems to work fine. I can also get to the web manager at port 8624. If I use stellarmate.local, it can't resolve the name - I have to use the IP address.

The StellarMate app on BlueStacks just will not connect. A rescan doesn't find anything. If I type the IP address in manually and do Add Device, it accepts it but says "communication error" when I try to connect. If I put in a bogus IP, it doesn't accept it.

I think it wants to work but it's just short of making it happen. Anybody gotten this to work? Anybody have any tips?
1 year 11 months ago #81897

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
I'd be interested if anyone has made this work. I've tried and failed.

It looks to me that the Stellarmate App is only looking at the local network and that would have to be addressed to get it to work.
1 year 10 months ago #83122

• Thank you received: 1
Nope - sorry. I ended up doing a support ticket and they said it didn't work.

SM isn't the most secure thing so I guess I understand the reluctance to allow it to be on a public network, but I wish they'd put in a side door so people with VMs can still get at it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Murphy
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by DaveDurant.
1 year 10 months ago #83126

Time to create page: 0.576 seconds