INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stellarmate 64-bit can not change column width in scheduler

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I just burned a SM 1.7.0 64-bit image on an SD-card. Runs nicely. But: I can not change column width in Scheduler - which means it is diffficult (to say the least) to see when jobs ends, and thus to plan the imaging for the whole night. Is there something I can do about it, or is this a bug?

Magnus
1 year 10 months ago #83147

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 559
Magnus,

The formatting of the scheduler columns was discussed, and perhaps we picked the wrong solution (I've been meaning to go back and take another look). I believe what was chosen was to make the column width wide enough to fit all the text inside it, (which may make the table too wide for the window it's in). None of the options seemed ideal, and yes the one chosen doesn't allow changes to individual columns. I would have preferred the "fit" option along with allowing adjustable columns, but that didn't seem to be a possibility. You can see any hidden columns by (a) widening the overall Ekos window which should reveal any columns that were hidden by the "too narrow window", and/or (b) looking at the scheduler's log window at the bottom, where the schedule is printed whenever it isn't computed.

If these don't help, please send a screenshot.
Hy
1 year 10 months ago #83148

Hi Hy,

Thanks for the explanation. See two screenshots. It is possible to see the full ending time when maximizing the window - but not particularly smooth solution for me at least. I use these times quite a lot. And some (not few) of my targets have names like "MASTER OT J042609.34+354144.8" and similar, and it might be quite difficult to tell them apart, if there (like tonight) is a list with some 4-10 of these...

Magnus
1 year 10 months ago #83164
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 559
Magnus, (edit--sorry for the typo)

Sorry, I just realized that the change I made was about a month ago, and so you're likely not using it yet. See invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/merge_requests/603
If you're not using the nightlies, then it probably only just landed for you in 3.5.9.

Hopefully that will work better for you.
Hy
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Hy Murveit.
1 year 10 months ago #83167

Hi!

I just updated and upgraded to 3.5.9, and yes, this is much more useful to me :) even though the whole table does not fit the window, it's enough to be able to scroll to see the colums I want.
Thanks!

Magnus
1 year 9 months ago #83199

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds