INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Update causes firmware error

• Thank you received: 14
Hi,

i got the same error too, with Stellarmate 64bits. I've been able to boot again by copying the files from boot partition of another sd card, but there are some side effect, like no more VNC server, no wifi driver loaded
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy Cunningham
1 year 7 months ago #85576

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
I have been using stellarmate for a while now and I really love the features it has, still learning as I go. The past few updates has really made the 64bit version feel much more solid. The boys have really done a very good job, congrats to them. But this last update seems to be a glitch of somekind. So now I have to make a backup sd card to install the stellarmate OS on, then run the updates on the backup card to see if it works. Seems to be the safest method I can think of for now.
1 year 7 months ago #85580

Thanks for the input folks. I've followed the previous suggestions and found if I copy the complete contents of a working BOOT to a safe place then copy these files including the Overlays folder to the failed update SD card BOOT partition it works. Up and running again.
1 year 7 months ago #85581

• Thank you received: 10
Could this be specific to the interface you are using? I just 9last night) updated my 64 bit StellarMate OS install, but I did it from the command line using sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade.
I had no issues even with a reboot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michaelangello Bryant
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Tracy Perry.
1 year 7 months ago #85589

Hi, great news, i tried again to turn on Stellarmate on the same SD card with copied files in Boot partition, and it runs perfectly. VNC server and wifi are back.
I can't figure out why there was no VNC server before, but the issue is solved for my side.
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Val Chevalier.
1 year 7 months ago #85598

I have always used the software updater app on the SM desktop or from the SM app. I have never had an issue until now and its only occurring on the 64bit ver. the 32bit works fine.
1 year 7 months ago #85603

I have always used the software updater app on the SM desktop or from the SM app. I have never had an issue until now and its only occurring on the 64bit ver. the 32bit works fine.
1 year 7 months ago #85604

That's good to hear you got it working again, but can you still update without getting an error?
1 year 7 months ago #85605

I found out the update is applied, as i've got the version 3.6.0 compiled on 2022-08-18T23:57:20.
sudo apt-get update && upgrade just tells everyhing is up to date, and without any error.

Sorry to hear it does not work for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michaelangello Bryant
1 year 7 months ago #85607

I will try your method and see if it works for me.
1 year 7 months ago #85632

I found out the update is applied, as i've got the version 3.6.0 compiled on 2022-08-18T23:57:20.
sudo apt-get update && upgrade just tells everyhing is up to date, and without any error.

Sorry to hear it does not work for you

I tried the command line update and it works. Thank you so very much.
1 year 7 months ago #85833

Replied by Kyle on topic Update causes firmware error

I had the same issue when I updated via the updater app today. I didn't check here first but I just ended up downloading a new image to get everything back up and running. Good to know about being able to copy ver a boot partition if this happens in the future.
1 year 6 months ago #85839

Time to create page: 1.277 seconds