INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler - How To?

• Thank you received: 40
Can anyone point me to a relatively recent (I know that's relative ;) ) video or document that explains the Scheduler?

I've been using nothing but the Sequence Queue on the CCD tab for years. But looking at the Scheduler there are interesting items to try. But wading in to this is daunting to say the least.
I'd hate to loose a rare night imaging to test these features.
1 year 7 months ago #85452

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 54

Replied by Gilles Gagnon on topic Scheduler - How To?

I second David's request.

Being in a similar situation, I would appreciate knowing how to safely and efficiently use the Scheduler, as I could go to bed at night, knowing (or hoping) that my observatory would shut down in an orderly manner, after my captures of the night. I have tried to use the Scheduler once or twice but have never felt confident enough to let it go by itself, not knowing if I had omitted something essential.

Thanks.
1 year 7 months ago #85453

• Thank you received: 94
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gilles Gagnon, David Tate
1 year 7 months ago #85454

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by Chris Madson on topic Scheduler - How To?

Here's an old video, still pretty relevant. You definitely want to try it out before you let it go. Build a fake schedule with a simulator camera and run through the mechanics during the day. See how your observatory controller interacts with Ekos and make sure it does what you want it to do. I'd make the mount move and leave the scope covered in case it goes across the sun (and use the camera simulator to fake some data collection).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gilles Gagnon, David Tate
1 year 7 months ago #85455

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by Chris Madson on topic Scheduler - How To?

There isn't really much of a change besides the 'greedy' method that attempts to maximize the number of frames you get each night. I think the video linked above is adequate to get you started. If you roll over the options it gives you a pop up for what each thing does.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Tate
1 year 7 months ago #85590

Time to create page: 1.290 seconds