INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Guiding just stopped

• Thank you received: 16
I've been imaging with StellarMate OS for several months without any problems. So I was surprised when my imaging session aborted last night. Best I can determine is that guiding just decided to stop... which stopped everything else. I don't know if is a problem with hardware, connection, software or what.

I've attached my log. The guiding stopped around 04:21. If anyone can decipher what happened... I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

Ron
1 year 7 months ago #86362
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 161

Replied by Alfred on topic Guiding just stopped

Ron,

I'm not a user of the scheduler but looking at your log it appears to me that your main cam ASI533 started taking a picture at 4:21

[2022-09-16T04:21:05.238 EDT INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - ZWO CCD ASI533MC Pro : "[INFO] Taking a 180 seconds frame... "

3 seconds later the result of solving the previous capture arrived. Deviation is 0.7' and a re-align is started. Therefore the current capture as well as guiding is aborted. The re-align is never being reported as successful. I don't know why. The last thing we hear from scheduler is

[2022-09-16T04:21:35.281 EDT DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.ekos.scheduler] - Mount State changed to 3

I don't know what "Mount state 3" is. Somebody with deeper knowledge has to take at look at it.
1 year 7 months ago #86376

Replied by Ron Clanton on topic Guiding just stopped

Alfred,

Thanks!

Yeah, the Analyze tab didn't show it trying to align... so something got stuck. I'm curious why the "abort" didn't cause the scheduler to take back control and try again, per its settings??

I will try again tonight!

Thanks again,

Ron
1 year 7 months ago #86378

Replied by Ron Clanton on topic Guiding just stopped

I'm running a session right now and it did it again. It does seem that it gets stuck during alignment. It reports that it's slewing to target... then that's it. I think that it slewed to the new position, but never releases the job to continue.

Hope someone here can look into it.

Ron
1 year 7 months ago #86380

• Thank you received: 23
Just disable the Alignment check every X frame or set it to 0, and disable the distance. It hangs and kills all the other processes
1 year 7 months ago #86383

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds