INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New third-party driver on Stellarmate

• Thank you received: 6
Hi there - I need to install a rolloffino driver on my Stellarmate RPI but am concerned just reinstalling everything over top of whats already installed will break some of the integration in Stellarmate. Everything compiles and installs just fine on an Ubuntu image on my PC. Should I uninstall INDI first? Any assistance appreciated thanks!
1 year 6 months ago #86429

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 42
Gord,
You do need to build on a Raspberry Pi.
I have not tested with Stellarmate only with KStars/Ekos and ubuntu running on a Raspberry Pi.
Follow the Rolloffino INSTALL directions and run the build on a Raspberry Pi. It will create the files listed at the end of the directions.

- /usr/bin/indi_rolloffino The driver executable
- /usr/share/indi/indi_rolloffino.xml Identifying the roof driver to Ekos.

If you do the build on Stellarmate it will attempt to write them directly. If you built elsewhere on some other Raspberry Pi they would need to be copied to the Stellarmate machine.
So it is not the kind of install that will be modifying libraries and such, adding a couple of files should not harm anything. If in Stellarmate's Ekos profiler you do not see Rolloffino added as an option under Domes, it indicate the above .xml file did not get to the correct place.

Anyone know if there is a problem with these assumptions??
1 year 6 months ago #86446

• Thank you received: 42
More thought.

Even though the Rolloffino does not call for INDI builds is does clone the source files needed for 3rdparty build into a development area.
It would be better/safer if you used another Raspberry Pi as a development machine. Then you know the only two files introduced onto the Stellarmate are the ones you place there.
1 year 6 months ago #86448

• Thank you received: 6
Yeah true - I've already built everything on my RPI 400 at work so I'll give a try just copying those files. Thanks!
1 year 6 months ago #86449

Time to create page: 0.782 seconds