INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stellarmate: how do I reset the vnc password for the client app?

• Thank you received: 1
I already reset it on the server side to something besides "smate".
But if I click on the eyeball icon in the browser app, it tries to connect to vnc using the default password, and I never get a chance to enter credentials.
1 year 6 months ago #87053

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13

Same issue I have been having. I followed the instructions on SM's FAQ page, and I can use RealVNC or the Mac screen sharing app and connect and use the new VNC password.
But if you try to use the web interface to the RPi or the IOS app (in my case) you get an authentication error and there is no prompt for the new password. It's like the default is hard coded or there is something that is not being passed to OpenVNC to prompt for a password if authentication fails (or prompt when trying to connect). My ticket over there is still open. I was starting to think it was just me having the issue.
Having fun learning about the cosmos.
I run an astrophotography site as a hobby.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Tracy Perry.
1 year 6 months ago #87054

• Thank you received: 11
A bit late but whatever. The reason is that the password is baked into ekoslive. You can open that frame in a new tab, then edit the url to reflect your password and create a bookmark with it.
const VNCPage = (props) =>
{
    return (
        <div style={styles.root}>
            <iframe style={styles.vnc} src={"http://" + window.location.hostname + ":6080?autoconnect=true&password=smate&resize=scale"}/>
        </div>
    )
};
Last edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by Anjo.
6 months 3 weeks ago #95897

Time to create page: 0.923 seconds