INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

stellarmate app become not responsive

• Thank you received: 0
Can you run command htop in the terminal?
1 year 5 months ago #87554
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 10

I've noticed the same issue several times recently. I use VNC to access the RPi and frequently the apps are non-responsive for various amounts of time. CPU usage stays around it's normal 6%- 20% by the monitor software on the taskbar. You try to open a terminal session to check htop and it may take 15-30 seconds to respond. 5Ghz connection with a 71% signal strength.
This even goes to the start menu.... press the icon and you "may" get the menu pop up 20 or so seconds later... then the system goes back to being responsive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christian T
1 year 5 months ago #87555
  • Thank you received: 3
Me too, thanks for your post.
1 year 5 months ago #87557
I am new here, also new to AP and just purchased Stellarmate last month and now doing some proper testing. I have tried to run Stellarmate on an NEC Lavie T8 tablet (128GB version) running Android 11. 2022 model so no slouch. I have it connected to a Raspberry Pi 4+ with an AZ-GTi and a Canon EOS60 DSLR.

I also experienced huge problems with the android app crashing, becoming unresponsive and just being generally very laggy. I found exactly the same problem of trying to stop image capture, but also had problems just switching between the Ekos, Targets and Setting tabs within the app. When switching to the targets tab, I saw a lot of screen layout errors with diagonal lines being overdrawn on the menus.

Through 3 hours of testing I had to reboot the Raspberry Pi three times and restart the app maybe 8 to 10 times. I gave up when the app completely locked up my tablet, couldn't even get back to the home screen.

This is with version 2.5.6 on the tablet and version 1.7.3 64 bit on the Pi. With 1.7.2 I was having problems just getting a profile set up so I re-formatted the SD card and installed a new clean download of 1.7.3. This seemed to work better for a short while.

During the three hours, on just 2-3 occasions, everything worked smooth as butter with targets being located perfectly and a series of live photo shots being completed, but then suddenly everything would collapse.

Not a good experience - I am very disappointed.
1 year 5 months ago #87571
Thank you for the feedback folks. Latest App version as of this date is 2.5.7 on both stores. I have several iPads & Androids devices to test the App and didn't encounter such severe lag as described above. This leads me to believe it is more of a communication issue between the App and StellarMate than it is an issue in the App itself. I'm going to introduce a color-coded ping-delay indicator in the App to gauge the responsiveness. If there is a pattern, then we will find out what is causing this.
1 year 4 months ago #87630
if i can help you with debug, please tell me how.
1 year 4 months ago #87632
Sure, please submit a ticket at StellarMate support so we can follow up: stellarmate.com/support.html
1 year 4 months ago #87633
  • Thank you received: 8
Hmm, after upgrading to 2.5.7 i also ran into troubles using Stellarmate app (on a Samsung S6 Tablet).
I am using a dual-IP setup, one is on the local WiFi, the other one is the Stellarmate WifFi network, where the Raspi acts as a hotspot for the private 10.250.250.0//24 subnet.
I was away from the home network, so the 192.168.0.x network could not be reached, but i wasn't able to create a new device config for 10.250.250.1 (SM hotspot) while being in the same subnet with both devices (Phone and Raspi), because the app got stuck in the optical train setup dialogue. At home, the 192.168.0.x network/node was available again in the app, but i could not connect because of the stuck dialogue. Then i deleted all app data and cleared app cache, so i was able to create 10.250.250.1 config in the app again, but it acted awkward on connect. Nothing worked, i had to shut down the Rasapi using ssh.

I am quite confident that there is a bug which will get resolved with the successful addressing of Christian T's bug and issuing a fix.
If there's a workaround, please post here, in the meantime i'm using Stellarmate OS directly via VNC, which works well as soon as you got the hang of the slightly different EKOS dialogues.
1 year 4 months ago #87646
What's your equipment profile? can you share a screenshot? I will try to reproduce this behavior.
1 year 4 months ago #87654
Added! I have a zwo (asi462MC) , astrometry and telescope simulator for testing.
1 year 4 months ago #87655
Attachments:
Thank I just tested with this configuration over Hotspot running on Samsung Tab S5. Now 5 minutes+ of looping with ZWO ASI178MC without any issues. No issues with optical train manager as well. I found one issue reported by another user in case you JUST have a camera specified and nothing else, then this might cause an issue. I will work on this case tomorrow, but if you specify any other devices in the profile it should be fine.
1 year 4 months ago #87657
If its any help, I have installed the latest update 2.5.7 (Bundle 179) on two different android devices. But still have huge problems

For me, any of the the camera shooting functions virtually lock out the interface. It is almost impossible to finish shooting. It can be done but it requires multiple jabs at the buttons (many, many times).

Also, very slow when selecting targets. It is almost impossible because it takes up to 30 seconds for a new category to be loaded, even if there are only a few items to display. By that I mean that the screen will remain blank for up to 30 seconds (sometimes just 10 to 15) while data is being loaded and all buttons will be disabled until loading has completed.

There's also a vertical green line to the right of center, about 75% from the left side of the screen.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Paul.
1 year 4 months ago #87680
Time to create page: 0.618 seconds