INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

stellarmate app become not responsive

• Thank you received: 3
Added! I have a zwo (asi462MC) , astrometry and telescope simulator for testing.
1 year 5 months ago #87655
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
Thank I just tested with this configuration over Hotspot running on Samsung Tab S5. Now 5 minutes+ of looping with ZWO ASI178MC without any issues. No issues with optical train manager as well. I found one issue reported by another user in case you JUST have a camera specified and nothing else, then this might cause an issue. I will work on this case tomorrow, but if you specify any other devices in the profile it should be fine.
1 year 5 months ago #87657
If its any help, I have installed the latest update 2.5.7 (Bundle 179) on two different android devices. But still have huge problems

For me, any of the the camera shooting functions virtually lock out the interface. It is almost impossible to finish shooting. It can be done but it requires multiple jabs at the buttons (many, many times).

Also, very slow when selecting targets. It is almost impossible because it takes up to 30 seconds for a new category to be loaded, even if there are only a few items to display. By that I mean that the screen will remain blank for up to 30 seconds (sometimes just 10 to 15) while data is being loaded and all buttons will be disabled until loading has completed.

There's also a vertical green line to the right of center, about 75% from the left side of the screen.
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Paul.
1 year 5 months ago #87680
Ok we identified one issue that was causing this performance issue. We should have a fix released by tomorrow's night.
1 year 5 months ago #87681
I have updated the system but the bug is still here.
1 year 5 months ago #87758
We actually found and fixed the issue. However, there are a couple of pending iOS issues that we'd like to fix today before publishing a beta update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christian T
1 year 5 months ago #87760
Also for android?
1 year 5 months ago #87761
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christian T, Mr. Mister
1 year 5 months ago #87762
Ok we pushed 2.5.8 to the app stores. It might take a few hours or a day until they're visible. Watch out for beta in Android store (v2.5.8). You must update StellarMate to latest software as well for this to work. It should also be available on iOS TestFlight.
1 year 5 months ago #87777
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, but here are my initial results with the modified program.....
Signed up to the beta channel in Google Play Store
Installed the beta update on two separate android devices, my app now reports it is running v2.5.8
Updated the OS on my Pi, it says it did an update but the reported version is v1.7.3 Channel: Stable Model: SM-110 is it correct?
Started everything up.
Results
Single shot on the camera is fine on both devices. However, can I just say that it would be great to see a visual indication of activity that the image is being loaded. Right now the camera indicator goes to "idle" after capturing, then there is nothing for several seconds until the image finally pops up.
Multi-shot, only the right side stop button is available - In the android 11 device (tablet) it gives no response during shooting, any "queued" shots seem to be continued to be taken until they are all captured (camera indicator continues to show "Capturing" for many more shots). It does clear eventually, but there is nothing to indicate that shooting is to be stopped until many seconds or minutes later. In my android 12 device (phone), the response is much better, almost perfect with "CCD capture stopped" being displayed and shooting stops within 1-2 seconds of button being pressed.
In video mode, set to a timed period of 1 second, in android 11 the software seems to be caught in a loop. Just continues almost indefinitely. I could only stop this by waiting for 2-3 minutes, or quitting the app. In the android 12 device, the response was much better, but still took several seconds to stop the recording. Buttons showed no visual feedback to being pressed in either case.
In live mode, using either the large main stop button or the right side button the response is immediate and good on both devices, seemingly perfect.

Oh and the screen corruption in the Targets screen and slow loading is still present.

I bought the tablet specifically for use with Stellarmate because on the phone, the display and buttons are so ridiculously tiny. So I hope the performance can be improved in android 11.
1 year 5 months ago #87791
  • Thank you received: 13
I have to wonder if this may have something to do with what's happening to me (but not with the APP but VNC connection). Stellarmate OS on my RPi 4 8GB becomes VERY slow to respond, and when I try to connect with the app it is very slow to connect and respond when this is happening. Frequently it will disconnect from the VNC session and I can immediately reconnect, but it is still slow to respond and then suddenly it will go back to working correctly.
Having fun learning about the cosmos.
I run an astrophotography site as a hobby.
1 year 5 months ago #87792
Sorry, I apologize. EkosLive update wasn't pushed to the server. It is now, you should receive EkosLive 1.7.4. Please let me know how it goes with this version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christian T
1 year 5 months ago #87887
Time to create page: 1.251 seconds