INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Raspberry Pi camera does not connect

• Thank you received: 14
yes that makes sense. I knew that Pi OS dropped the proprietry camera drivers when it went from buster to bullseye.
This is why you have to install the old buster version for allsky software to work, and also why I was able to compile the indi_rpicam driver
on my allsky buster pi.

But you can install kstars-bleeding on pi 4 (all versions).
You need to download and burn an ubuntu desktop arm images (32 or 64 bit) and then follow the instructions
ubuntu.com/download/raspberry-pi
indilib.org/get-indi/download-ubuntu.html

This is how I use kstars on my pi4's .
1 year 3 months ago #89052

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 14
Sorry you cant use a pi cam with ubuntu either. My error.
Blame raspberry pi makers for this.
1 year 3 months ago #89053

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the info! I'm already glad that I'm not alone with the problem and will then soon have to decide whether I keep the camera or buy another.
1 year 3 months ago #89092

• Thank you received: 1
Hello,

I also use the HQ Camera.
Unfortunately it no longer works since the update.
Buying another camera is not really an option.
This little camera is actually quite suitable. Unfortunately, the support for this camera is very poor.
I really hope that someone will provide a fix for this soon.
1 year 2 months ago #89381

• Thank you received: 33
Yes, entire story with HQ Camer asupport on Stellarmate is very confusing if not missleding.

I to bought Stellarmate in belive that it support HQ Camera. Since then I'm struggling with it and my HQ Camera with no luck. But there is hope at the end of the tunnel.

There are two versions of Stellarmate OS. 32 bit (buster, no longer supported) and 64bit (bullseye, supported).

32 bit version kinda supported HQ Camera (witn indi-rpicam driver), but that driver was very buggy and long exposures didn't worked at all. See this: github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/issues/271

64 bit version support for HQ Camera (with indi_libcamera_ccd driver) will be ready when drivers for it are tested and finished.
Curently there are two drivers in the works:
- indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/12177-indi-libcamera-driver.html
- github.com/scriptorron/indi_pylibcamera

So our best hope is to support authors of both drivers as much as we can with testing and moral support.

@Jasem if you are reading this, please see this github.com/scriptorron/indi_pylibcamera/issues and this github.com/raspberrypi/picamera2/issues/502
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Simon.
1 year 2 months ago #89468

Time to create page: 0.801 seconds