INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Saving Images Remotely / Locally - Problems with Remote Saving

• Thank you received: 3
Battling my way through all the issues....the next one is how to get the images to save remotely.

I have a RPi4 connected to my rig and DSLR. To get over SD card reliability issues, Stellarmate is now booting from a 1TB HDD, I set up a specific Picture folder with all correct privileges with the intention of storing photos on the RPi and retrieve them later.
I am operating remotely from KStars / EKOS running on a Windows laptop PC. - Most things are working now!!
But. I'd like to have the images stored on the RPi, not sent over wifi to the PC - it just causes delays and is flaky.
So in EKOS on the PC, on the CCD tab I have set to save Remotely and entered the path to my folder on the RPi. In my case it is /media/stellarmate/data/Pictures . This is in a separate partition from the OS.
But as soon as I start a shooting sequence, my entered path is deleted and replaced by the greyed out default /home/pi path, then all images are slowly coming back to the PC with nothing being stored on the RPi.

"Locally" works logically, but "Remotely" and "Both" refuse to save anything on the RPi

What am I doing wrong?
1 year 2 months ago #89632

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
It seems I may have posted this in the wrong place, I have now copied this question into a current topic on KStars / EKOS here
indilib.org/forum/ekos/12841-kstars-remo...h-problem.html#89641
1 year 2 months ago #89642

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.571 seconds