INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

rdp and login/shutdown

• Thank you received: 12
Not stellarmate specific

switched to stellarmate and decided to install rdp so I could remote desktop from my ipad. Did this as I’ve never been able to configure vnc screen resolution and it always disconnects if I close the ipad while remote desktop just seems to work out the resolution and stays connected.

Unfortunately… shutdown option from the menu doesn’t seem to work, looks to be permission related. Login also complains and asks for a password which in my previous test run of setting up stellarmate I don’t think it did (aka I may have either cleverly done things right previously or cocked things up this time)

Anyone any idea what I need to poke?
1 year 1 week ago #91389

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The login looks to be that I had changed the password in the remote desktop app. Now working ok, doh
1 year 6 days ago #91426

Seems you need some polkit config - From github.com/neutrinolabs/xrdp/issues/2298

cat << EOF >> /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/50-xrdp.pkla
[Allow users to shutdown from XRDP]
Identity=unix-user:*
Action=org.freedesktop.login1.power-off
ResultAny=yes

[Allow users to reboot from XRDP]
Identity=unix-user:*
Action=org.freedesktop.login1.reboot
ResultAny=yes
EOF

Create the file as root and then restart polkit - sudo systemctl restart polkit and you will be able to reboot from the menu when connected using remote desktop. No idea about the security implications but if you are worried someone might reboot your telescope controller you’ve probably got bigger problems….
1 year 5 days ago #91446

Time to create page: 0.738 seconds