INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stellarmate App - "No Live Stacking Images found" and no Image visible

• Thank you received: 10
Hi,

when trying to do live stacking in the stellarmate app, I do not see any image, nor is it possible to view the image pressing the image-button. I get the error "No Live Stacking Images found".

- Object is centered and can be imaged (verified)
- Settings for Live Stackings are set, and the software is taking pictures ("Capturing")
- my pictures are save to a stick /media/stellarmate/mystick (the directory is readable)
- fresh Stellarmate-App installation

An EKOS session from a Desktop PC is attached (but this really should not interfere). When I detach the PC session and reconnect EKOS in the app, I get the same error and no picture at all.

In Stellarmate VNC I can see the folder is beeing created onto the stick, but it is empty.

Any clue?

Cheers, Axel
Last edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Axel .
9 months 3 weeks ago #93171
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Turns out it is an external storage mount issue. In the next release, we will notify users if there are issues with mounting external storage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Axel
9 months 3 weeks ago #93230

Hi Jasem,

thanks a lot for the answer in Stellarmate Support :-) Indeed, after Jasem told me to look into the EKOS-live log (e.g. through SM-dashboard stellarmate.local:3000/#/diagnostics) I could see, that the USB-Stick had not been mounted.
I can confirm on the new SM 1.7.7, that this is still the case.

2023-06-01T21:21:42.446Z error: Failed to monitor base Pictures directory: /media/stellarmate/USB_128GB due to error: Error: Path must be a valid path to a file or a directory.
Jun 01 23:21:42 stellarmate ekoslive[770]: 2023-06-01T21:21:42.447Z info: Started watching fallback /home/stellarmate/Pictures directory for Pictures...
Jun 01 23:21:42 stellarmate ekoslive[770]: (node:770) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Path must be a valid path to a file or a directory.

The message for the "falllback" solution is new, if I remember right.
I appreciate it, if a warning will occur :-)

For long term run, I ordered a NVME adapter for the Pi (USB3) and will mount this permanently in fstab.
Probably a hardware issue with my USB3.0 hub:

THX Jasem
9 months 3 weeks ago #93259

It was not only a mount problem with the stick (which it really was :-)):After fixed, I did not see anything either ...
But problem solved: did not turn on "Tranfer Images" in the "Settings" menu. Problems always sits between the back of the chair and the display :-|

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers, Axel

Last edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Axel .
9 months 3 weeks ago #93274
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds