INDI Library v1.7.6 Released. (27 Feb 2019)

First release of 2019 comes with quite a few new drivers across the board along with significant performance improvements to INDI camera and live streaming performance. Many drivers received significant updates to improve performance & stability, while a few were re-written from scratch to be in line with INDI standards. Here are some of the highlights:

ASI 1600 is not capturing (preview is white screen), yet ASI 120mm capturing ok.

• Thank you received: 0

ASI 1600 is not capturing (preview is white screen), yet ASI 120mm capturing ok. was created by lemmu

Hi,
I'm running Stellarmate on PI 3+. All my equipment is connected fine. For some reason I can't cet any images from 1600MM pro. Just blank white "image". Yet my guiding camera ASi 120 mm is 6working fine. Any ideas how to solve this? I did re-arrange ports and restarted, but nada...
2 months 3 weeks ago #34205

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 205

Replied by wvreeven on topic ASI 1600 is not capturing (preview is white screen), yet ASI 120mm capturing ok.

I had the same issue at first as well. The camera *is* taking images though all pixels have a value ... 0 (i.e. zero!). For some reason the KStars FITS viewer displayes those as white...

Try to set the gain at 139 (so called unity gain) and offset to 21 and try again using exposure times of a few seconds when taking images of the sky. When I am focusing I set gain to 500 or higher to be able to take short exposures.

HTH, Wouter
Modded Canon EOS 700D with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcherHEQ5-Pro

ASI1600MM-C CCD and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R
2 months 3 weeks ago #34206

Replied by lemmu on topic ASI 1600 is not capturing (preview is white screen), yet ASI 120mm capturing ok.

Tried that, but still no good. It did prompt me Message "No cameras detected.Check power and make sure camera is not mounted by other programs and try again." I have no other programs runnning..
Que paso??
2 months 3 weeks ago #34209

• Thank you received: 205

Replied by wvreeven on topic ASI 1600 is not capturing (preview is white screen), yet ASI 120mm capturing ok.

No sé, hombre. It is strange that you did get images before (even if they were white) but now not anymore. Please enable debug logging and post the logs here.
Modded Canon EOS 700D with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcherHEQ5-Pro

ASI1600MM-C CCD and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R
2 months 3 weeks ago #34210

Replied by lemmu on topic ASI 1600 is not capturing (preview is white screen), yet ASI 120mm capturing ok.

Something strange happened; I did click on Effects tab "Strech Image" and it did came back to normal. Voila! I did deselect this option to bact to none, still working. (Capturing Darks) Very bizarre...
But the downside is yhat filter names disappered sequence queue box
2 months 3 weeks ago #34223

Replied by selectedpixels on topic ASI 1600 is not capturing (preview is white screen), yet ASI 120mm capturing ok.

I see similar behavior with my 1600 and stellarmate. On many images, but not all, when I click stretch, the image goes from a pretty normal looking sub to a completely white screen. What's going on?
2 months 3 weeks ago #34500

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds