INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Changing the StellarMate wifi SSID

• Thank you received: 11
Hi folks,

I need to look at changing my StellarMate SSID. I went into the network connections interface while on VNC and change the wifi connection name and SSID and then rebooted it. Nothing. Neither the old SSID (StellarMate) or the new one appears to any device I have as a selectable Wifi connection. This should have just worked. I will now have to look at re-imaging the entire StellarMate, and then re-apply all the previous updates again, to get it back to base level of functionality.

Can someone please help me with what is the procedure to change the StellarMate wifi SSID and have it functioning after the change.

Thanks in advance.
4 years 11 months ago #38972

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I ended up trying the "StellarMate" app for iOS and in there, if you change the app if you change the "name" of your StellarMate, it also changes the name of the wifi SSID for that StellarMate device that it will broadcast. This worked like a charm once a reboot was performed.

Thanks, Craig
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
4 years 11 months ago #38974

This is now broken again.

The stellar mate stopped working, so I had to re-image it and then do an update requiring 500+mb of updates. After then I went to try to go back into the mobile app again and it has *completely* changed. See the the screen shot.

I can't get back into the StellarMate now via the mobile app, I don't have a user name password to login into it, I went and downloaded by license and key and it wouldn't let me register (because it needs StellarMate v1.4 I suspect), it also would let me login and it showing "network error" on the app.

Arrggggg.
4 years 10 months ago #39560
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.858 seconds