INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

StellarMate OS v1.4.0 and StellarMate App Feedback

• Thank you received: 40
What I've done is, click the link and see if it's the same version as I have. If it is, I click cancel. BTW, I hope that 10 download limit is not a definite number especially as we try/test new versions ;)

DO NOT DO this... I just did it and realized that your count of allowed download increases, even if you don't actually download it.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by David Tate.
4 years 9 months ago #39664

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 86
OK. Flashed 1.4. Restored my KStars/Ekos configs.
All seems to be working except one thing that I noticed so far:
My mount shown as disconnected in Ekos.
Mount: SW AZ-Gti (EQMod).
Connection is over WiFi (AZ-GTi is in Station mode).
Looks like the mount cannot connect to SM's hotspot.
Or something is not right with the driver?
SM's hotspot is active and I can VNC to it.
Mount works fine in SM 1.3.1 with latest updates.

Any idea?
Thanks!
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 2.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by maxthebuilder.
4 years 9 months ago #39669

• Thank you received: 40
Is there a way to upgrade to 1.4.1 without going through the whole imaging process? I see the small updates that you can do in the Raspberry Pi main desktop has your updates of course, but the SM Tools still shows the 1.4.0 version.

I'm hoping to get a new "INDI driver indi_canon_ccd" soon. That thing crashes on mine once or twice a session.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by David Tate.
4 years 9 months ago #39694

• Thank you received: 9
I updated to 1.4.1 OS and now for some reason VNC isn't working with Safari on my MacBook. It works for Firefox and it works on Safari on my iPad but not on my MacBook. I get "NoVNC encountered an error: Script Error". Any ideas as to where I should be looking to find the problem?
4 years 9 months ago #39701

Not yet, but we're working on adding OS-level updater to StellarMate so you don't need to reimage anymore. INDI/Ekos can already be updated via the software updater, but we need another system for the rest of the core OS updates.

Try to clear cache or force a refresh.
4 years 9 months ago #39706

• Thank you received: 1
Hello Jasem.

I have installed StellarMate v1.4.1, the IOS app for my iPad 3. I am able to connect and start ekos. The only thing that doesn't work for me is the VNC connection through StellarMate. All I see is a startup up popup I believe but no desktop.
If I launch a VNC session outside SM it works. I have tried the hotspot connection and local lan connection.

Have you seen this before?

Thanks

John
4 years 9 months ago #39726

I can verify this on iOS, thanks for the report.
4 years 9 months ago #39732

Tried connecting to stellarmate from kstars on my windows laptop and it fails to connect to stellarmate when you click on start ekos. If I click the web manager button in the profile editor it will connect, but not ekos.
Remote host is set to stellarmate.local

It was working with prior version of stellarmate OS
4 years 9 months ago #39745

What's the message? Web Manager is running all the drivers OK? Is this SM OS v1.4.1 ?
4 years 9 months ago #39749

Message is: "Failed to start profile on remote INDI web manager". When I open web manager in my browser, stellarmate seams to be running the drivers fine. No internet connection even though it's connected to my wifi network.
This was on 1.4.0

Tried updating to 1.4.1 this morning and it is completely unusable. Doesn't flash correctly using Etcher. After flashing it says "1 failed device". Looks like it is creating 3 partitions on the SD card instead of 2. It creates the main partition (199MB I believe), another formatted partition of 5.40GB and then the last partition is unallocated space (this is on a 64GB SD card). Loaded the SD card into device and I could connect to Stellarmate hot spot. Android app couldn't find stellarmate device though.

Flashed 1.4.0 back onto SD card with no problem and app found device. 1.4.0 is at least partially usable.
4 years 9 months ago #39755

• Thank you received: 3
How did you manage an connect to your device? I’m using a Stellarmate OS based device and failed to login. The app requires me to register, but I do not know the serial #.
4 years 9 months ago #39769

Go to stellarmate.com --> Sign in --> Support --> Licences.

If you can't find your license there, send email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
4 years 9 months ago #39772

Time to create page: 0.914 seconds