INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Installing Stellarmate OS on ASI AIR

• Thank you received: 0
Ii was the original ASIair and I didn't get Stellarmate working. My problem was my total lack of familiarity with the Indi world. I did get my Sony A7R recognized at some level but couldn't navigate through the architecture to figure out what i needed and how to make it work.

I have an ASIair Pro now and an ASIair Plus arriving next week. If I get bored I could try again with the Pro model.

Don
2 years 4 months ago #77272

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi,
For Your information I succeed on making stellarmate working on ASIAIR pro easily.
Just install OS in sdcard and make modifications in configuration like described above to make DC outputs working.

Laurent
2 years 4 months ago #77298

Thx Laurent. That wasn't my problem. I installed SM OS easily and it booted up fine. It was the total ignorance of how to get my A7R fully operational that flummoxed me. It recognized my Sony A7R but I couldn't do anything. It was lack of Sony support in ASIair that drove me to try SM OS. I still have two cameras that I wish I could use - a full spectrum Sony 7R and an Altair Hypercam 174 (which has a fan, not cooler). If it was easy I would convert my Pro RP4 to SM OS and run my new ASIair Plus with its cameras (I have 4!) and a astro modded Canon 6D. I have no experience with Indi, KStars, etc. That's what stopped me cold.
2 years 4 months ago #77302

I would try it with the free Astroberry first. To know it would not harm the Pro would be assuring. Having a Pi with 12v ports would be a Plus instead of investing in another Pi. You see I have the ASIAir Plus already and want to find the Pro useful in another way. So Laurent you can go back to the Pro original use after using it as a Stellarmate OS? Either company will not confirm it, they just say they don't support it of course.
2 years 4 months ago #77304

You use two different micro SD cards. Neither is aware of the other.

Don
2 years 4 months ago #77306

Thanks Don. Just what i thought.
2 years 4 months ago #77307

• Thank you received: 41
I wanna revive this thread with a question: So for example I could use this board with my RPI4 and be able to control all those power ports through stellarmate with only the lack of the RTC ?

www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_inf...---ASI-AIR-V1-3.html

In addition to that, we could be able to control the power through the indi asi power drivers probably as an AUX ?

Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Euripides.
2 years 1 month ago #80077

• Thank you received: 53
There are currently two drivers in the 3rd Party drivers repo: indi-asi-power and indi-rpi-gpio which would both do the job. The first one is specifically set up for the ASIAir Pro whilst the second one is more generalised for any RPi so the GPIO pinds are configurable.
There is currently an issue with the builds on these as they are dependent on the build of the libpigpiod library but I'm not able to get that library to build automatically. I'm sure it is not complicated but I've never done it so don't know specifically what is needed. If any other dev knows how, we can probably sort out the issues pretty quickly and make those drivers available in the nightly builds.

github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/tree/master/indi-asi-power
indilib.org/raspberry-pi/raspberry-pi-gpio-control.html
2 years 1 month ago #80115

• Thank you received: 41
To whom it may concern, RPI4 8GB with the power board of an ASIAIR PRO, seems to work just fine :-)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Ken Self
2 years 1 month ago #80348
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 2
I bought ASIAIR plus and arrived. Unlike PRO, each power port has a current and voltage sensor. I wrote a patch in indi-asi-power to read the value of this sensor.

The reset button on ASIAIR Plus is connected to nRPiBOOT. You can use it to operate the eMMC storage without disassembling it. Information on accessing the sensor was found in /root/ASIAIR/bin/read_power_cm4.sh.

I'm new to INDIlib development, so I'm not sure if this code is correct. I hope it helps you to support ASIRAIR Plus. 

File Attachment:

File Name: a.diff.gz
File Size:2 KB
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Ken Self
2 years 1 month ago #80455
Attachments:

You can submit a PR here: github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/tree/master/indi-asi-power

Ken can probably review it and make any necessary changes to make sure it compatible with all versions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tentaisan
2 years 1 month ago #80464

• Thank you received: 2
I've only tried it with atroberry yet, but at least with the default kernel of astroberry 2.0.4, ASIAIR <strong>Plus</strong> USB doesn't work.
The USB host controller for ASIAIR Plus is the Renesas uPD720201. This is not supported by astroberry.
To resolve this issue, you need to install the required firmware and rebuild the kernel with the changed settings.

I have confirmed that Stellamate v1.6.2 has similar problems. If you encounter similar issues, you may be able to fix the issue the firmware on /lib/firmware/renesas_usb_fw.mem and rebuilding by applying the following settings to the kernel.

CONFIG_USB_XHCI_PCI = m
CONFIG_USB_XHCI_PCI_RENESAS = m
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by tentaisan.
2 years 1 month ago #80682

Time to create page: 0.968 seconds