INDI Library v1.8.1 Released (09 Sep 2019)

Monthly maintenance release INDI v1.8.1

Stellarmate Tools Backup Process Fails

3 months 2 weeks ago
jmustoe
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Stellarmate Tools Backup Process Fails #41669
Hi,

I'm having issues running the backup process in Stellarmate Tools. It constantly fails.
I am a new Stellarmate user. Having purchased the OS online and used balenaEtcher to write the OS image to SD Card. My Pi is a 3 B+.
I have attached images for reference....the error message seems relatively straight forward, I have shown a screen grab of the files it seems to report as unable to find.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

Stellarmate OS 1.4.2
Raspberry Pi 3 B+
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You aj55

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 3 weeks ago 2 months 3 weeks ago by Megiddo.
Megiddo
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Stellarmate Tools Backup Process Fails #42667
The way I back it up is, to take the SD and use: Win32 Disk Imager

The only thing I'm not a fan of is, that if your SD card is 64gb, then the image it creates is 64gb. It'd be nice to have something that only writes the changes I've made. That way I could reinstall the image from Stellarmate and then apply the changes in that backup.

Oh well, this works. Which reminds me, I need to do it for the new RPi4 and delete my old one, which is taking up 64gb ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You jmustoe

2 months 3 weeks ago
giorgio_ne
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Stellarmate Tools Backup Process Fails #42686
I have a Mac and I use the ApplePi Baker application to create images or to back them up. It creates compressed backups that can even be restored on smaller SD card as long as the content to be restored does not exceed the capacity of the card itself.
www.tweaking4all.com/software/macosx-software/applepi-baker-v2/

2 months 3 weeks ago
El Corazon
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Stellarmate Tools Backup Process Fails #42718

Megiddo wrote: The way I back it up is, to take the SD and use: Win32 Disk Imager

The only thing I'm not a fan of is, that if your SD card is 64gb, then the image it creates is 64gb. It'd be nice to have something that only writes the changes I've made. That way I could reinstall the image from Stellarmate and then apply the changes in that backup.

Oh well, this works. Which reminds me, I need to do it for the new RPi4 and delete my old one, which is taking up 64gb ;)

Just compress the image.

And switch to Linux....

Atlas Pro AZ-EQ, ASI1600MM-Pro, ASI120MM-S, ES102ED, WO-Z61, Nikon D3300, ASI-EFW, ZWO LRGB,Ha,O3,S2 filter set

2 months 3 weeks ago
Megiddo
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Stellarmate Tools Backup Process Fails #42732

El Corazon wrote:

Megiddo wrote: The way I back it up is, to take the SD and use: Win32 Disk Imager

Just compress the image.

And switch to Linux....

Yup, went from 64gb to 16gb. Nice, thanks!

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds