INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars crashing both Linux laptop and RPi

• Thank you received: 1
Hello all. I'm fairly new to Kstars and Linux. I've been using Stellarmate on an RPi3 for a few weeks now and have been doing lots of testing. I have everything pretty well figured out up to now. Kit is SW AZEQ6, ASI1600 plus EFW and a DSD auto focuser. Ive been using it all via either Kstars on my Linux laptop and connected via home wifi or via VNC viewer and working directly off the RPi. I've gotten to the point where I was confident everything was working as it should but ran into issues last night. Was ok on Kstars 3.3.1 and last night was first time on 3.3.3. If i stopped an image plan for whatever reason Kstars would hang and I had to restart. Also took much longer to download an image over Wifi. Over a minute, almost 2. Sometimes it also froze Kstars and again I had to restart. In 2 images i managed to download it looks like 2 captures in the 1 frame. See attached. This was while I was working via the laptop. I then swithced to VNC viewer and control via the RPi but whenever there was an issue again Kstars just shut itself down on the RPi.

Any ideas? Seemed ok on the previous version of Kstars.

David

4 years 8 months ago #41909
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Hi David,

Is this issue still happening?

Clear skies, Wouter
4 years 7 months ago #42239

• Thank you received: 1
Hi Wouter

No idea. I swapped for a RPi4 and it's much much better. I had issues in the past using USB3 cameras on my old Win7 USB2 laptop. The fix with that was to upgrade to a new USB3 laptop. I figured the same with the Rasberry. Only managed a couple of hours out Sunday night, a couple of minor niggles, wrestling with the internal guider but a pretty good night in the end.

Thanks
4 years 7 months ago #42256

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds