INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Solar System imaging with EKOS and Canon EOS DSLR

• Thank you received: 6
Hi there:

I've been experimenting with imaging the planets with my Canon EOS1100 DSLR on an RPi 3B+ running Stellarmate 1.4.3 (I think, I'm running 1.4.4 on a Pi4 but I think I'm one release back on the Pi3)

Once I figured out I needed to change from Bulb mode to setting the exposure manually on the camera I was able to capture a small segment of the screen to SER file with the following issues:

1. If I tried to stream for more than about 45 secs the Canon driver crashed. Once to disconnected the drivers, stopped the INDI server and restarted it would go again. If I streamed for less than 45 secs I could stop and restart it so I just captured a bunch of frames 30 secs at a time
2. When I try to load a stream with Jupiter into AutoStakkart 3.0.14 64bit on Windows 10 the OS reports dimensions: 440 x 384 frames: 55 pixel depth: 8 bit/pixel but the image is clearly not decoding properly.

Does OGV format work any better? What stacking tool works well with OGV?

I can turn on logs tonight to get a better idea of the issue if you need further info on why the Canon driver is crashing.
4 years 6 months ago #43438
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

BTW ser-player looks like the following:

4 years 6 months ago #43440
Attachments:

So no one is trying to do this?
4 years 1 day ago #51246

• Thank you received: 138
I'm not doing this and don't have that camera so can't help. Sorry.
4 years 1 day ago #51266

Time to create page: 0.723 seconds