INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

StellarMate can not find Nexstar Evolution mount

• Thank you received: 0
I recently loaded StellarMate OS for a RPi 4. iPad finds StellarMate and all looks good. I then pick Nexstar Evolution from the mount dropdown and proceed to connect but it runs forever without connecting. I'm trying this with the mounts Wifi. Can anyone shed a light on this problem. New to Raspberry Pi. Most of my experience is with Arduino's.

Regards,
Tom
4 years 6 months ago #43444

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

StellarMate is running on HotSpot mode, so how is it connected to this mount over WiFi? I presume it's running its own hotspot either?
4 years 6 months ago #43452

The mount generates it's own WiFi, so yes it's a Hot Spot. If StellarMate and the mount generate their own Hot Spots, how could I connect to it.

Tom
4 years 6 months ago #43454

Ok, this is a similar situation to the AZ-GTI here: indilib.org/devices/mounts/az-gti.html

I added some documentation on the various ways you can connect to the mount, so select the most suitable method.
4 years 6 months ago #43460

Thanks, I will try that when time allows. Going on a trip to Mt Wilson with the Astronomy Club I belong to.

Tom
4 years 6 months ago #43490

Tried to connect to the Evolution Mount so I started StellarMate app and scanned for Stellarmate. Found it with no problem and Authenticate was on the right side. I was asked for my user name and password, entered both and it said connecting to StellarMate. It did this for a while and then brought me back to the sign in screen. Nothing I do will let me into StellarMate.
4 years 6 months ago #43612

Hi Tom,

Was the app asking you to sign in to stellarmate.com ?? This is only done once.

If you click "Rescan" and then you discover StellarMate, then you see "Register" page. You clicked register and that didn't work?
4 years 6 months ago #43624

I start the app and sign in using my wifi network. When I get the registration page I change the wifi to get stellarmate and hit rescan. Stellarmate shows on the left side of the screen and when I press stellarmate, I get the registration again. When I Register again it brings me back to the sign in screen which runs until it times out.

Tom
4 years 6 months ago #43626

Ok, then something wrong in StellarMate itself. What version of the SM OS are you running? Can you login via VNC and check if KStars is running?
4 years 6 months ago #43628

I'm running version 1.4.4 for Pi4. I'll have to leave it till I get back from my trip to California. I decided to purchase the StellarMate kit from OPT and it should be here when I get back. I will still try to get StellarMate to run on the Pi4 Board. Not giving up yet.

Tom
4 years 6 months ago #43644

Back from my trip. To add to my last response, I logged in via VNC and Kstars was running.

Tom
4 years 6 months ago #43892

Ok thanks, I think the best action now is to open a ticket at StellarMate so this can be followed up properly: stellarmate.com/support.html
4 years 6 months ago #43893

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds