INDI Library v1.8.5 Released (19 Apr 2020)

April 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.5 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

StelalrMate App Video Tutorial

9 months 3 weeks ago 9 months 3 weeks ago by knro.
knro
Administrator
Administrator
Topic Author
StelalrMate App Video Tutorial #43673
This is the updated StellarMate App video tutorial

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
The following user(s) said Thank You ninosr, starman345

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 1 week ago
Capt Buscemi
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
StelalrMate App Video Tutorial #45251
Hello Jasem. This looks promising, I took a break from StellarMate/EKOS earlier this year after a series of unstable builds on the Mac, which are hopefully resolved now, I'm ready to try again. Was very much hoping for a native app too, looks like it's here.

How stable is the app right now?
The following user(s) said Thank You pug916

8 months 1 week ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
Topic Author
StelalrMate App Video Tutorial #45278
The App is still in Beta, but it mostly work for simple tasks. We will release KStars v3.3.7 soon with lots of fixes and improvements.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
The following user(s) said Thank You pug916

8 months 1 week ago
Capt Buscemi
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
StelalrMate App Video Tutorial #45333
Thanks Jasem. And will the app work only with the Stellarmate licenced version of EKOS, or all versions?

5 months 2 weeks ago 5 months 2 weeks ago by Capt Buscemi.
Capt Buscemi
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
StelalrMate App Video Tutorial #48546
Aaand...just bumping this thread.

I'm now finally getting KStars/EKOS working on my RPi4, v3.4.0 seems very stable thus far...just gotta wait for our months-long cloudy night streak to come to an end. I'm accessing through VNC Viewer right now, but would love to try a dedicated app. Will the StellarMate app work on all versions of EKOS, or just the licenced StellarMate versions? I'm very happy with my current RPi/EKOS install, reluctant to change to StellarMate just for the app.

Would be happy to pay for the app to get tablet-friendly interface. Access via VNC on tablet works fine, but it's a bit clunky, clearly still favours access via a computer.

I would be very happy to be a beta tester for the app, I have some recent experience with iPad app testing.

5 months 2 weeks ago
AstroNerd
More
StelalrMate App Video Tutorial #48547

Capt Buscemi wrote: Aaand...just bumping this thread.

I'm now finally getting KStars/EKOS working on my RPi4, v3.4.0 seems very stable thus far...just gotta wait for our months-long cloudy night streak to come to an end. I'm accessing through VNC Viewer right now, but would love to try a dedicated app. Will the StellarMate app work on all versions of EKOS, or just the licenced StellarMate versions? I'm very happy with my current RPi/EKOS install, reluctant to change to StellarMate just for the app.

Would be happy to pay for the app to get tablet-friendly interface. Access via VNC on tablet works fine, but it's a bit clunky, clearly still favours access via a computer.

I would be very happy to be a beta tester for the app, I have some recent experience with iPad app testing.

Hello,
You need a fully licensed and paid for SM OS I’m afraid... :(

Stellarmate OS on Raspberry pi4b
Skywatcher EQ8 pro, on steel pier
Takahashi FSQ85 & Meade 8” SCT (de-forked)
Starlight Xpress SXVR H18, SXVR M25c, Lodestar x2 Guide Camera
Pegasus Ultimate Hub V2 for all USB & Power
Pegasus focus motors on both scopes

5 months 2 weeks ago 5 months 2 weeks ago by Capt Buscemi.
Capt Buscemi
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
StelalrMate App Video Tutorial #48549
OK, thought so. I actually do have SM subscription, but back when I bought it, KStars was in the middle of a very unstable set of builds using the Mac interface, and I gave up on it. Used SGP for most of 2019, but giving KStars another go, directly installed on my RPi4 (not via StellarMate) and I'm very impressed. Accessing through VNC, not the Mac app (I couldn't bear to go there again!!), and life is good.

So just wondering if I could use my SM membership to try again, but using my current install on RPi4? Don't want to start from scratch after many hours of compiling.

I would be happy to pay for the SM app, I understand Jasem needs to make a living off this for all the time he puts in; my suggestion really is for him to set up the app as a paid item for exactly this reason.

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds