INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

CEM25p first time w/Stellarmate

• Thank you received: 3
Tonight on the patio, I connected my Stellarmate and iOptron CEM25p mount and performed my first wireless slew with this combo. I was tickled!

However, I want to be sure this is *normal* behavior. After a few fake gotos I decided to park. The scope slewed w/ DEC=zero marks and RA=90 degrees (horizontal).

I thought maybe Ekos wasn't aware of the zero marks, so I manually moved in DEC until the mount was zeroed.

Now, please forgive me if I'm being a dumba**, but I'm looking at the Ekos screen and it shows RA being , "07h 14m 0s".

Am I having a brain fart, or should this be zero?
4 years 5 months ago #44226

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
There is a difference between the azimuth and right ascension coordinates. If the telescope is facing the celestial pole with the counter weights down then azimuth should be 0 and right ascension the value of the local sidereal time which is equal to the right ascension at the meridian. So depending on the local wall clock time at which you parked the mount, the value of 07h 14m 0s for right ascension could be correct. The marks on the telescope, by the way, show coordinates relative to that zero position (with the telescope pointing north and the counter weights down) and the fact that right ascension is measured in degrees is a bit confusing but that's how these setting circles are constructed.

HTH, Wouter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Nixon
4 years 5 months ago #44232

Thank you for that!

I am a bit nervous with this for some reason - not accustomed to not using the HC. Total brain fart.
4 years 5 months ago #44243

• Thank you received: 20
I have never gotten Ekos to park my CEM25P properly. Maybe it's a UTC/local-time issue, but if memory serves it does weird things in DEC too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Nixon
4 years 5 months ago #44253

I'll look out for odd behavior, especially with the CEM25p. Thanks!
4 years 5 months ago #44335

Time to create page: 0.623 seconds