INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI294MC Pro with KStars imaging --- Excessive blue channel. Any suggestions?

• Thank you received: 2
I've finally migrated my observatory to StellarMate on the Rasspberry Pi 3. (A big thanks to Jasem for putting in a lot of work to get the Nexdome working!).
I'm starting the learning curve of software again, and have taken my first few test images with the KStars imaging routine. My images come out with an excessive amount of blue on the blue part of RBG channels. I've been looking around, but haven't found a clear answer yet to the fix.
I figure there are plenty here that use the ASI294MC Pro camera, so I'm hoping there is someone that can share the settings they used on theirs? I just need a better RBG balance with a reasonable blue channel.

Thanks in advance!
Tom
4 years 4 months ago #45221

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 161
I suspect what you're talking about is raw FITS pictures? I have a 294Pro and you're right, they look like they were blue but once they are debayered and stacked, there is no blue tint anymore. This is a typical example as it is displayed in Gwenview.

My 294Pro settings:

4 years 4 months ago #45223
Attachments:

Yep! That's the blue I'm getting. I do my stacking with Siril, then processing with Startools. I've had excellent results when using APT with the same camera, but the only thing I've changed recently is imaging with Stellarmate now, so some setting isn't right.
I'll study your configuration and see what I can come up with - next clear night. (Snowing here in Wisconsin currently).
Tom
4 years 4 months ago #45225

Oh, I am seeing the blue -after- I stack. I've had some issues lately with Siril, but I think it's a new RC version, so I think I need to go backwards to a slightly older version too.
4 years 4 months ago #45226

• Thank you received: 94
Hi
You need the RGGB 'up-bottom' debayer in Siril.
HTH
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by alacant.
4 years 4 months ago #45228
Attachments:

I do know about that setting in Siril. I'll have to check that again and see if something got unchecked. Kind of seems like something like that. I originally had to do that when I first went from the DLSR to the ASI camera and then everything worked. Just strange that I changed nothing other than the image-capturing software. There may have been a Siril update installed since my last clear night! :-)
Thanks, I'll look at those settings again.
Tom
4 years 4 months ago #45239

I think these settings did what I might be used to. I'll have to test some more images, but this gives me the familiar green color I was more used to seeing.
4 years 4 months ago #45248
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds