INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problem Controlling Exposure on Fuji X-T3

• Thank you received: 1
Has anyone else managed to control a Fuji X-T3 via the gphoto_ccd driver?

If try to run long exposures the Ekos counts down correctly, but the image I get back from the Fuji always seems to be at the same exposure. This seems to be the same no matter if the Fuji is on Bulb and/or Force Bulb is selected in the gphoto_ccd driver options in Indi.
I've attached a log where I ran 1.5 and 5s expsoures for each combination. All the exposures look to be the same . A file gets transfered to Stellarmate each time, but there's no images recorded on the SD card in the Fuji.

Less improtantly for astro, if I run short exposures, then it looks as though they get wrongly sent to the Fuji. i.e. a 1 second exposure in Ekos shows on the back panel of the Fuji as a 1/100s exposure. 0.5s exposure is 1/200s etc.

Andy

File Attachment:

File Name: log_17-22-32.txt
File Size:700 KB
4 years 5 months ago #45692
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 161
Ekos aside, when the Fuji is set to "B", can you take proper "B" exposures by hand, by pressing, holding and releasing the shutter release button?

For "B" mode (bulb) pictures, the "FORCE BULB" option has to be set to ON. Unfortunately the corresponding button is not available in Ekos directly.

From the logfile it appears Ekos selected a "predefined exposure time" thus did not use bulb mode:
"[2019-11-11T17:32:25.238 GMT DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - GPhoto CCD : "[DEBUG] Using predefined exposure time: 1.5625 seconds "
So I suspect FORCE BULB was set to OFF at this time.
4 years 5 months ago #45698

• Thank you received: 161
Whoops! There is something else...

[2019-11-11T17:31:57.153 GMT DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - GPhoto CCD : "[DEBUG] Finding bulb widget... "
[2019-11-11T17:31:57.153 GMT DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - GPhoto CCD : "[DEBUG]<strong> No bulb widget found</strong>. "

I don't know whether this is a limitation in the camera or libgphoto. Either way, I'm afraid you cannot take bulb exposures in Ekos with this camera at this time.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Alfred.
4 years 5 months ago #45702

• Thank you received: 1
Thanks for your reply. It looks as though your second post explains the issue.
Just for info - bulb on the camera via the shutter button works as you'd expect and I tried in Ekos both with and with 'Force Bulb' mode selected.

I think with the Fuji remote app you can control bulb exposures, so it may be a libgphoto limitation.
4 years 5 months ago #45707

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds