INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stellarmate app update?

• Thank you received: 0
Is there any news of when we are likely to see an update of the Stellarmate app from the Google Play Store as it does not run under Android 9 being version BETA 1.9.14(Bundle v42) and the Stellarmate site says it won't run under Android 9.

Thanks for any information.
4 years 2 months ago #47634

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by freiform on topic Stellarmate app update?

Mhh, I am using it with Android 9 (MUIU 11.0.4). What seem to be the problem?
4 years 2 months ago #47656

I've a new Android tablet device and logged on and registered the stellarmate device. Then it seems to go into a loop where it takes me to an authenticate screen at which point I enter user name and password and the app tries to connect to the stellarmate. When that fails it takes me back to the authenticate screen. I enter the same user name and password and it tries again to connect to the stellarmate device. eventually taking me back the authenticate screen. I've tried with the stellarmate hotspot and via my router and still can't connect.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
4 years 2 months ago #47659

That sounds frustrating. Have you tried resetting the app and starting from scratch?
4 years 2 months ago #47660

Yep I've reinstalled the app on the tablet and done a factory reset on the Stellarmate gadget and still can't connect. Simply the getting the same loop as before. Even though the gadget and the tablet are on the same network.

Frustrating! So any ideas would be well received.

Thanls
4 years 2 months ago #47686

Please use the ticket system on the StellarMate's official site as that is the official support channel. Jasem is very responsive and helpful.
4 years 2 months ago #47777

That usually points to an issue in EkosLive (the service that runs on StellarMate) than in the App itself. Anyway, if you raise a ticket, we can investigate it better.
4 years 2 months ago #47906

• Thank you received: 117

Replied by Doug S on topic Stellarmate app update?

Hi Frodo,

Have you tried to delete your stellarmate device and rescan? I often see the kind of behavior you describe where I can't enter user/pass to sign in. However, when I delete the displayed device and rescan, the device is found and the original registration information is auto filled, allowing me to re- "register" (another way to log in). A bit awkward, but it works. You might give this a try. Just select your stellarmate device, and press the trash icon, then scan again. Hope this helps and you get connected.....
4 years 2 months ago #47918

Thanks for the suggestion but I've already been down that road with no joy. I'm told by Jasem it may have something to do with Ekos live which is being updated in a soon to be released update.

Andrew
4 years 2 months ago #47929

Replied by Vince on topic Stellarmate app update?

I'm having pretty much the same problem with my new Stellarmate OS install with my tablet. The shame is when I first installed everything (Stellarmate OS and the tablet app) it connected OK. It only started resisting me the second time starting it up and I haven't found any love at all ever since.
This might be a problem with my ignorance or it could be a problem with bugs. But if it's a problem on my end, that indicates that being able to simply connect and use the thing is NOT intuitive. If you need to be a computer whiz just to use it, then it's not going to enjoy much success I fear. It's unfortunate since I really like the potential.
4 years 1 month ago #49048

We have an updated App in development now that makes communication more streamlined. It should be out in a few days hopefully along with SM OS v1.4.7
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vince
4 years 1 month ago #49049

Replied by Vince on topic Stellarmate app update?

Well that was a very quick reply!
Thanks. I'll keep poking at it. I really like the whole concept so congrats on your work on this. I figured I could just work with Astroberry but I like what you're doing and figured it wouldn't hurt to support you a little by purchasing the OS. After printing the Stellarmate manual today and punching holes to put it in a binder, It occurred to me how much work that manual alone must have taken to put together. It's very thick even printed on both sides.

Incidentally, I just checked the system out using my PC with KStars and followed the directions to connect. That seems to work OK, though I'm sure there are things I need to figure out there. Of course the PC shows everything and I like that interface, plus since I'm setting things up and whatnot, the full PC interface is going to be handy. Eventually I'm sure once I just want to quickly set up and easily use my equipment to gather data, the Tablet interface will be handy. (Obvious)
The whole rig is brand new to me so I have a ton to figure out.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Vince.
4 years 1 month ago #49051

Time to create page: 0.771 seconds