INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

wiringpi package on Pi 4 and SM OS 1.4.6?

• Thank you received: 20
Hey all,

I'm trying to get the Waveshare stepper motor HAT running on my Pi 4. One of the requirements for building Kevin's indi-wmh-focuser driver is the wiringpi library. It should be installable via a simple "sudo apt install wiringpi" but I get the dreaded "E: Unable to locate package" message when I do so. Tried installing it on my Pi 3 with an earlier version of SM OS and it all went fine, building and installing the driver too.

I tried building it from two different source packages but ran into link errors. Rather use the package manager anyway, if I can.

Any suggestions?

TIA!
4 years 2 months ago #48475

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 20
BTW I got this to build without errors -- Kevin started me on the road by suggesting a fix to the similar problem I was having with building his indi-wmh-focuser driver. In the Makefile for the library, I added (if memory serves) -pthread -lrt -lcrypt to the LIB (LIBS?) variable. Bingo. Basically I Googled whatever function call the linker was complaining about (shm_open was one) and from that deduced what library contained it. Added that library and off to the races.

That said, if anyone knows how to obtain the package for StellarMate OS, I'd still love to know.

I got the demo code from Waveshare compiled and running without errors, but the motor never moved. Grrr.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Rick Wayne. Reason: One of the library names was misspelled
4 years 2 months ago #48515

• Thank you received: 10
The source for wiringPi was pulled from the public domain several months ago. That is why you are running into the link errors. Try this link to get and install the .deb file for the Pi 4: wiringpi.com/wiringpi-updated-to-2-52-for-the-raspberry-pi-4b/
4 years 2 months ago #48573

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds