INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Issues or general comments of the new Raspbian Based Stellarmate 1.5.0

• Thank you received: 9
Pierre, were the button in an inactive state or did they just not respond to your click? Are you using VNC?

I have noted an issue with VNC where it will not respond to clicks properly and I have had to hold down the control key to get it to respond to the click. This occurs on my Mac, using Safari and Chrome browsers. If I click to another application and back on the browser, the clicks on the button respond as expected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
4 years 1 month ago #49756
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 6
@mactech

I am working remotely using VNC. The client is a Linux Mint dell laptop connected to the Pi via its WIFI hotspot.

The buttons were clearly in an inactive state. Only one or two drivers were concerned in a randomly way.

Today, it works perfectly. I have disconnected and reconnected Ekos several times and I couldn't reproduce the problem. I updated this morning some drivers and libraries. Is it linked to that ?

PIerre-Yves
4 years 1 month ago #49757
  • Thank you received: 6
Other comment:

My feeling is that, generally speaking, 1.5/Raspbian is faster than 1.4.6/Ubuntu, at least on Rpi3B+. Also, the hotspot is established in less than one minute instead of two before.

PY
4 years 1 month ago #49759
  • Thank you received: 0
It did not update for me properly, despite following closely instructions on Stellarmate's website.

It got so far, then advised me it had failed the install. I went to try to update again then got the following screens (with less information on product update compared to my original try):

...then it failed showing the following message:

BOOM !!!

I then went to the dashboard to see what verion I was on and it went from 1.4.6 to 1.4.7:

So.. no 1.5.0

Not that it would make any difference seeing the equipment I have has been declared as incompatible with this Stellarmate/INDI setup.

Jaq
4 years 1 month ago #49760
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 3
I just checked mine config.txt and changed it. thanks for posting this, helped me.
Nino
4 years 1 month ago #49765
  • Thank you received: 140

You can’t get the new 1.5.0 update like that you have got to re flash the SD card with the new image, as it’s a complete OS update from Ubuntu to Raspbian.....all you are doing is updating the old version with the latest updates for that version.....
4 years 1 month ago #49769
  • Thank you received: 117
I really struggled with USB / hotspot issues in the prior SM OS release, but this new release seems very stable. My config is: Pi4-4GB, 120GB SSD, ASI183mc Pro, ASI290mm Mini Guidescope, ASI EAF focuser, PPB, Celestron CGX-L mount. I use a powered 7 port USB 3 hub for all devices, and only the powered hub is connected to the Pi4's USB 3 port. Currently, I'm using a dedicated/separate 3 amp PS for the Pi4. All other power is from a 10amp PS split between mount and PPB (and then outward to USB hub, camera, focuser, and OTA fan).

I am still struggling a bit with "Infrastructure mode" networking dropping back to the generic hotspot, but I don't think this has anything to do with the new release. I read in one post that USB powered hubs might interfere with networking. Investigating/experimenting. Also heard that a USB based wireless antenna might help...thinking about this. Finally, the ever present "weak power" subject lingers, causing me to continue my search for a better way to maximize input power to the Pi (currently via either a more robust C cable or ganged hub output).

Overall, very happy so far with this new release stability!
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
4 years 1 month ago #49777
  • Thank you received: 1
When the dashboard is started while connected with the realVNC viewer, it is frequently disconnected. I have reported it to jasem, do you have any similar symptoms? By the way, disconnection does not occur when you are not connected to the dashboard.
4 years 1 month ago #49785
  • Thank you received: 9
I have had a couple disconnects when running wifi but cannot recall that I did with direct ethernet. There are a lot of wifi devices here in my office, so who knows the cause might be interference. I might try Teamviewer, assuming my older license will work with it and see if it works any better than VNC.
4 years 1 month ago #49786
  • Thank you received: 20
Hello,

I have the same behaviour. Wi-Fi disconnect when using dashboard (some times).
i also have some lags with kstars/ekos.
thanks for reporting to Jasem.

Clear skies
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by ouioui01. Reason: typo
4 years 1 month ago #49787
  • Thank you received: 86
1.5.0 seems to be the best SM release for RPI4 so far.
WiFi hotspot is finally working reliably (I don't really need it anymore but still it's a big improvement).
Only tried things indoors. Everything seems to be OK.
Tomorrow night will try outside.

A couple of questions:
-- What about the updates? How to install the nightlies?
-- How do I prevent KStars from starting automatically (in Ubuntu it was easy...)

Thanks!
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 2.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by maxthebuilder.
4 years 1 month ago #49797
  • Thank you received: 1
4 years 1 month ago #49800
Attachments:
Time to create page: 1.206 seconds