INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Issues or general comments of the new Raspbian Based Stellarmate 1.5.0

• Thank you received: 40
When I first used it, I had screen tearing issues with noVNC (I think that's the term), but Jasem on another occasion told me to clear my cache in my browser. I did that and it cleared right up!

I also didn't like the screen colors and odd fonts (to bright), but that was easily changed with Raspbian screen preferences.

And in order to get the new Sextrator astrometry feature you need to run the following: sudo apt update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Here is the discussion of what it is:
knro.blogspot.com/2020/02/kstars-v340-is...kdhoXFcTYE59Xt8yFbiQ

Oh yeah, make sure your ZWO camera is taking 16bit images instead of 8bit. Not sure this is a new release issue (I seem to remember my last night with the old version did this). But just check. Change it in the INDI camera setup section.
"wvreeven wrote: Start Ekos with the cameras attached and go to the last tab in the configuration editor. There at the bottom you can set the bit depth. You may want to override the *.default config files in the .indi directory in your home dir with the lastly saved ones so this won’t happen anymore."
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by David Tate. Reason: Added another thought.
4 years 1 month ago #49817
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 117
@Max: A couple of questions:
-- What about the updates? How to install the nightlies?
-- How do I prevent KStars from starting automatically (in Ubuntu it was easy...)

@megiddo: And in order to get the new Sextractor....

I want to second Max's questions.....I've not seen any updates yet (seems suspicious...there's usually some updates by now). I also want to know how to disable KStars from autostart. Finally, it's not clear that to use SExtractor on SM OS 1.5 we need to do the sudo apt commands. Can someone confirm this is for SM OS, or is this just for DIY installs?
4 years 1 month ago #49819
For the Sextractor (Sex Tractor What??? :woohoo: ) Update... I opened a terminal and entered (copy & paste, using the noVNC clipboard icon, very helpful)

sudo apt update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

On the copy/Paste in noVNC, click the clipboard icon, paste in your item.... select it all again and copy it. Seems to be the way that works for me. You can also do the opposite from the SM back into Windows.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by David Tate.
4 years 1 month ago #49828
  • Thank you received: 140

This thread is for Stellarmate 1.5.0 Users, not people have built there own raspbian based system, so your best to post in the general Kstars section.... :)
4 years 1 month ago #49829
  • Thank you received: 86
The 1.5.0 build posted on stellarmate.com 3-4 days ago SexTractor is preinstalled.
Initial/older build didn't have SexTractor preinstalled.
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doug S
4 years 1 month ago #49830
Answering my own question.
Jasem said that the updates should be done via StellarMate Dashboard.
Currently there are no updates.
Will be soon.

-- Max S
ZWO EAF x 2.
4 years 1 month ago #49833
  • Thank you received: 182
4 years 1 month ago #49834
  • Thank you received: 6
Overall it is working well. Using KStars 3.4.0 with Stellarmate 1.5.0 on RPi4. I do have an issue on startup. Every time I restart Stellarmate and then connect via EKOS, the first time I hit start it fails to connect. After that it connects fine until another restart . If I connect via VNC I see the same behavior; the connection is rejected the first time, after that it connects fine.
4 years 1 month ago #49837
  • Thank you received: 0
Have the new 1.5.0 installed on a rpi4 and can't connect ekos to the az-gti eqmod. The older 1.4.6. worked with the az-gti although it crashed very often it did connect to the eqmod. Now it doesnt. Did nothing different. Stellarmate can connect to the az-gti hotspot and the other way around but when I try to connect to Ekos to the EQMod it says connection refused.
4 years 1 month ago #49840

Cool, but I hate to say it, but I don't see any "Check for Updates" or any "Update" on the StellarMate Desktop window when it pops.
I've looked around and nothing on the Bottom Right Left arrow or the Top Left 3 Line menu.

Ah! I think I see it (grayed out at the moment)... Clicking the 3-Line menu, top left Under "Diagnostics"

Nope, it here according to MaxTheBuilder... Thanks Max!
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by David Tate. Reason: I think I found it
4 years 1 month ago #49841
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 0
Anyone else having trouble connecting the azgti to ekos with eqmod. It gives me an connection refused. It did work on the last rpi4 stellarmate version 1.4.6.
4 years 1 month ago #49842
No, that's not that.
That's for backing up INDI config to the cloud storage (if configured/connected).
Updates - look at the top-right corner (when connected with a remote client) or bottom-right corner (when in RPI (VNC or monitor)).
There should be a round clock-looking icon.
-- Max S
ZWO EAF x 2.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by maxthebuilder.
4 years 1 month ago #49844
Time to create page: 0.583 seconds