INDI Library v1.8.4 Released

Minor bugfix release with some highlights:

How do you run Kstars on PC while running ekos remotely to avoid lagging issues?

1 week 5 days ago
Highkamp
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
How do you run Kstars on PC while running ekos remotely to avoid lagging issues? #50860
It seems that to avoid lagging issues people are running Kstars on their PC, and Ekos on the RPi remotely. How do I run Kstars on PC but Ekos remotely since Ekos requires Kstars to work?? If I run kstars on my RPi with Stellarmate, it does not seem to sync, etc. with time, and scope. There must be a way people are running the Kstars correctly on PC while running their equipment on SM on the RPi via ekos. I cannot seem to understand how this is done. Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 week 5 days ago 1 week 5 days ago by dmsummers. Reason: fixed typo
dmsummers
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
How do you run Kstars on PC while running ekos remotely to avoid lagging issues? #50864
You can't run kstars separately from Ekos. They run together. However, you CAN run INDI remotely and have your kstars/ekos PC env connect to your equipment and INDI remotely. Search the forum for "remote INDI" and you'll see how to do this. I no longer run this way, but I used to run a script on the Pi when I wanted to do this. It launched the indi server with the drivers I wanted as parameters. Then, I would just start the PC env with kstars/ekos, and it would connect remotely (after of course setting the profile information). If you can't figure it out from a search of the forum how to do this, post again and you'll get help. Half the fun is the learning. Cheers, Doug

RASA11, Celestron CGX-L, ASI183mc Pro, 60mm guider + ASI290mm mini, ASI EAF focuser, PPB, Rpi4-4Gb+SSD, Powered USB3 hub, hardwire Ethernet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds