INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How do you run Kstars on PC while running ekos remotely to avoid lagging issues?

• Thank you received: 0
It seems that to avoid lagging issues people are running Kstars on their PC, and Ekos on the RPi remotely. How do I run Kstars on PC but Ekos remotely since Ekos requires Kstars to work?? If I run kstars on my RPi with Stellarmate, it does not seem to sync, etc. with time, and scope. There must be a way people are running the Kstars correctly on PC while running their equipment on SM on the RPi via ekos. I cannot seem to understand how this is done. Thanks for any help.
4 years 1 week ago #50860

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 117
You can't run kstars separately from Ekos. They run together. However, you CAN run INDI remotely and have your kstars/ekos PC env connect to your equipment and INDI remotely. Search the forum for "remote INDI" and you'll see how to do this. I no longer run this way, but I used to run a script on the Pi when I wanted to do this. It launched the indi server with the drivers I wanted as parameters. Then, I would just start the PC env with kstars/ekos, and it would connect remotely (after of course setting the profile information). If you can't figure it out from a search of the forum how to do this, post again and you'll get help. Half the fun is the learning. Cheers, Doug
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by Doug S. Reason: fixed typo
4 years 1 week ago #50864

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.554 seconds