INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Figuring out a meridian flip?

• Thank you received: 182

I had that same problem and it is fixed in the recent revisions. It should be in the repository soon.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Jose Corazon.
3 years 10 months ago #55682

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 10

I do think Ekos used to say what you described, which was incorrect and now says what I showed above.
3 years 10 months ago #55685

well I may have made a mistake similar to yours, I did remember to correct for daylight savings but it had the wrong utc correction , so it was off by an hour.
3 years 10 months ago #55686

so It try's to start the flip, and then after a few seconds it says it fails and tires again in 4 minutes.
3 years 10 months ago #55690

how do I get the repository file ?
3 years 10 months ago #55694

• Thank you received: 182
I would assume it will be in the next update, but you would have to ask Jasem about that.
3 years 10 months ago #55695

ok thanks. I opened as support ticket on this, not sure what else I can do at this point ?
3 years 10 months ago #55696

• Thank you received: 138
The mount must not spontaneously do a flip by itself. It must be passive, and allow Ekos to attempt the flip when Ekos thinks it is time. The mount can have an hour angle tracking limit that will stop tracking if the mount has not flipped. That limit needs to be sufficiently past the meridian that there is time for the flip to be attempted.

Exactly where the mount flips is up to it and as Jo found if the time settings are wrong the mount may flip later or earlier than expected. Indi/Ekos doesn't seem to handle DST well so you may have to leave DST set to zero and adjust the time zone to compensate.

One way to tell is to do a quick align, then slew to somewhere clear of the pole and do a solve. If the solved position is a long way out in Ra then you probably have a time problem. The sync may correct for this but no changes the mount position where the flip is done.
3 years 10 months ago #55705

Ekos is trying to do a flip but it fails. Jasem says the fix for this is coming in a few days.

“ So the fix for this is almost done, there is now about 99% coverage for the meridian side determination which is necessary for a meridian flip. Hopefully within a few days.”
3 years 10 months ago #55727

Time to create page: 0.878 seconds