INDI Library v1.8.7 Released (21 Nov 2020)

Nov. 2020 Release brings significant improvements to streaming and recording videos. Support for new drivers including Estatto focuser and Pegasus falcon rotator.

Stellarmate app - Guiding

8 months 1 week ago
Pepe.Lombris
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Stellarmate app - Guiding #51094
Hi,

I am in the process of setting up Ekos to control my gear. I'd like to use the Stellarmate App when I am in the field. However, I am a bit puzzled with the focus and guide tabs.

For example, the guide tab essentially only has a graph and start/stop options. Is my understanding correct that guiding would be set up via "Desktop" ekos, e.g. via VNC and then the app basically serves as a monitor?

Best wishes
Stephan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 1 week ago
rishigarrod
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Stellarmate app - Guiding #51151
Hi Stephan

Once you have done the initial setup all focussing and guiding is driven from the front end app (Kstars).
You can run Kstars either from a remote system or directly on the Pi.

I let INDI run on the Pi and run Kstars from a laptop. If you are using this setup make sure connection between your laptop/PC and the Pi is a strong one. You do not want to be loosing connections or have a slow connection. A slow connection is a real killer for Focus and Guiding. I guess you could run Kstars on the the Pi for Focus and Guiding but that is a little too complex for me.

WO ZS 61
Esprit 100
Skyliner 200p
Edgehd 8 with Celestron OAG
Stellarmate on RPi 4
HEQ5 with belt mod and ADM dual saddle
294 mc pro
224 guide cam
Powerbox PPB
Sesto Senso focusser
Arduino focusser
QHY5II-Mono guide camera
EOS6D - not modified

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds