INDI Library v1.8.7 Released (21 Nov 2020)

Nov. 2020 Release brings significant improvements to streaming and recording videos. Support for new drivers including Estatto focuser and Pegasus falcon rotator.

Software Update?

4 weeks 9 hours ago 4 weeks 7 hours ago by AirBourn. Reason: Added the comment about the iOS app.
AirBourn
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Software Update? #62227
There's an "Update Software" alias or link icon on the desktop of my StellarMate. I've clicked it before, and it worked - updated KStars to pre-release 3.5.0 Beta on the device. But now, the update link doesn't work anymore. Appears the link source no longer exists. I get an "Invalid desktop entry file: '/home/stellarmate/.local/shore/applications/pi-gpk-update-viewer.desktop" error dialog. I guess two questions: Why did the updater update to a Beta version, and now how am I supposed to keep current with releases?

I should add that I don't use the iOS app - I use the MacOS app and connect remotely, or I use the VNC URL.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 weeks 6 days ago
Bart
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Software Update? #62247
Try this:
Type in console: sudo apt-get update
After that's done: sudo apt-get upgrade
You may have to select an option in the process.
Cheers!

15 cm wavefront condensor | Earth rotation undo-er | Few photon discriminator plates | Photons to electrons transmogrifier | Stellarmate
The following user(s) said Thank You AirBourn

3 weeks 5 days ago
AirBourn
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Software Update? #62280
Appears that worked, thanks! The last time I updated with that desktop link, I recall a GUI that managed the update. Is that still available?

3 weeks 2 days ago
Flexbox
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Software Update? #62336
I would like to install a video file converter and I'm thinking about how to sort out this problem as soon as possible... Now I found such the tool https://onlineconvertfree.com/converter/video/ How effective is this method?

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds