INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Persistent USB mapping for Serial devices

• Thank you received: 56
I hope this might help someone and maybe someone out there can explain why this seems to work.

I had followed the guide for persistent port mapping as described in indilib.org/support/tutorials/157-persis...al-port-mapping.html
I have an EQMod mount a couple of Pegasus devices and a Senso Sesto focusser.
This all worked fine for many months until one evening I had to re-boot the Pi (running on a Pi4). After the reboot I could not get my Pegasus PPB or Pegasus Focuser to connect.
I double checked everything but I could still not get it work. The EQMod was still working.
I noticed that the entries I had created in the rules file for the Pegasus devices started with SUBSYSTEMS=="usb" (complient with the guide) but the entry for the EQMod mount started with SUBSYSTEM=="tty" (so SUBSYSTEM instead of SUBSYSTEMS and tty instead of usb).
I changed the pegasus entries to use SUBSYSTEM=="tty".
Now everything is working again. I also added my Senso Sesto focuser using SUBSYSTEM=="tty" and that works too.

Not sure why everything worked in the first instance and then during one evening stopped and I am not really sure why the change I made fixed the problem.

Anyway I am now very happy that all is stable again. Anyone know why?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joaquin
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Rishi Garrod.
3 years 5 months ago #62754

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds