INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pegasus Power Box New Firmware Compatibility

• Thank you received: 1
Hello,

I just picked up a Pegasus Power Box to integrate into my system and have everything installed and running with StellarMate. I noticed that Pegasus recently updated the firmware for the PPB to include new functionality like “auto-dew aggressiveness” for the dew heater feature. The post about the new firmware is third on their Facebook page: www.facebook.com/pg/pegasusastro/posts/

I believe the firmware was released at the end of October, so I have been hesitant to update the firmware just in case it breaks compatibility with StellarMate. Will the latest version of StellarMate work with this new firmware if I run the update?
SkyWatcher HEQ5 > Pegasus Pocket Powerbox > Celestron Nexstar 6se OTA w/ f/6.3 FR > Nikon Z6 imaging camera > Agena StarGuider 50mm guide scope > ZWO ASI290MM Mini guide camera
3 years 4 months ago #63005

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 50
Hi - I can't speak for StellarMate but it does work with the Astroberry KStars/Ekos/Indi package. I updated the firmware in the hope that it would solve an ongoing issue with the PPB but to no avail. I am still finding that the PPB and its FTDI serial UART 'breaks' the USB port settings from time to time. So I've set up a profile called 'My Astro Gear minus PPB', I run that first, close it and then run My Astro Gear. It somehow fools the RPi into placing the EQMOD mount first and the PPB second in the Indi Tabs and all work.
3 years 4 months ago #63041

• Thank you received: 1
Thanks for your reply! I ran the firmware update and I was able to connect to the PPB just fine. I don’t see an option to adjust the new auto-dew aggressiveness in the indi driver, but I can in the Pegasus app for Windows.

Hopefully that new feature will get added to the PPB indi driver in the future. In the meantime, I can adjust as necessary in windows and then just reconnect it back to StellarMate.

I had issues connecting to the PPB when I first got it, but was finally able to connect after using the serial port assistant and moving the USB cable from my USB3 hub to a spare USB2 port directly on my Raspberry Pi 4. I used /dev/ppb as my mapping.

USB is super fussy on these systems. I had to make a similar move with my Nikon Z6 camera from my USB3 hub to a dedicated USB3 port on the RPI4. It was causing my USB GPS dongle not to lock in a 3D fix. Moving the port made everything work fine.
SkyWatcher HEQ5 > Pegasus Pocket Powerbox > Celestron Nexstar 6se OTA w/ f/6.3 FR > Nikon Z6 imaging camera > Agena StarGuider 50mm guide scope > ZWO ASI290MM Mini guide camera
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Gilbert.
3 years 4 months ago #63056

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds