INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

CCD capture aborted

• Thank you received: 0
I am trying to get a Sony A7R to work with Stellarmate. I have 1.5.5 installed on my ASIair Pro box. As best I can tell, I have configured the camera and app properly. The camera is sitting there awaiting a command. When I start SM, it seems to open the shutter such that I can't see Live View. That seems odd to me.

The error message gives me no clue as what the problem is. Sometimes the app hangs. I am trying 1 capture at ISO3200, 0.25 secs.

Perhaps I should try my Altair Hypercam IMX174 and see what happens. Two of my three ASI cameras would need a firmware upgrade apparently. My ASI1600mm pro would work but it's the A7R & H174 which are driving my interest in SM.

Any suggestions?

Don
3 years 3 months ago #64394

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Don Marcotte on topic CCD capture aborted

I connected my Altair IMX174 without problem so that excludes a basic problem. I tried the A7R with GPhoto driver and got the same result. In other parts of this INDI forum there was some commentary which really got down into the weeds as far as my knowledge goes. A7iii was one of the cameras and the discussion was about what looked like Windows based system.

It seemed to me that the driver was quite fickle and settings had be be exactly so for it to work. Or edits had to be made to config files. Knowing what the problem is remains the big issue. If I can't solve the problem quickly, I'm going to forget about using Stellarmate (and my full spectrum A7R as an astro camera).

Don
3 years 3 months ago #64439

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds