INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO 2600MC is not working - Crashes consistently after two subs

• Thank you received: 2
I'd had the same issues with the QHY268M, as of the apt update I've done this evening to the latest nightly included in the stellarmate beta channel, I've not seen any more crashing. Thank you Jasem

Edit: I spoke too soon, it crashed again on me later, and then consistently did it. Again, disabling the fits viewer made the system stable again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Endolf.
3 years 1 month ago #67162

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
With the nightly builds I see an odd behavior with the FITS viewer. When I loop the main imaging camera (in my case an ASI6200MM) then the first image is displayed correctly but consecutive images get displayed at a lower and lower resolution and I actually need to close the FITS viewer. I use this looping for manually focusing with a Bahtinov mask so it is quite essential to me that this works well. I noticed tonight that this also happens in the focus tab. Could this be related to the memory optimization fix?
3 years 1 month ago #67338

It is. But what you mean lower and lower? like the resolution is reduced after EACH image? You can turn off "Adaptive Sampling" in the FITS settings as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wouter van Reeven
3 years 1 month ago #67347

Yes, the resolution is reduced after each image. I even noticed this in the preview images on the first tab in Ekos. I’ll see if that setting helps.
3 years 1 month ago #67356

Disabling Adaptive Sampling indeed works. All is back to what it was before.
3 years 1 month ago #67381

• Thank you received: 11
More weeks of clouds for me so I can’t test.

So you are not having the crashing problem when “adaptive sampling” is turned off? I thought that was the new feature put in the beta channel to fix this issue.

Are you running a beta version that has some other fix in there that has fixed the crashing issue?
3 years 1 month ago #67533

I indeed used the nightly builds. With "adaptive sampling" switched off I get good quality images and the number of crashes is much less. However, occasionally the ASI2600MC gives blank images. This happens mostly, but not only, when focusing or doing polar alignment. We noticed that the issue disappears when we switch off auto debayer.

With our ASI6200MM and "adaptive sampling" switched off KStars also is much more stable. But I was working on the back focus with my new telescope and had to start KStars, start Ekos, take pictures and shut down Ekos and the KStars a lot and that proved to be unstable still. Not sure if this is related to this topic or not.
3 years 1 month ago #67538

• Thank you received: 5
just to reconfirm:
my config:
- Pi 4 4GB
- Stellarmate beta channel (last update approx. 2 weeks ago)
- Asi 2600 MC
- Asi 290 (guidescope)
- EQmod (AZ-EQ 6)
- Celestron focuser
- Deep Sky Dad focuser
- Joystick
- Skysafari

I ran this system live last week (first clear sky for weeks; only one night, unfortunately). Took approx. 100 exposures whith guiding enabled. No crashes.

I had a very similar problem with my system crashing while operating the 2600 MC in parallel to my QHY 178III. This problem did not occur when I used Zwo cams only and it completely vanished now. I had this cam temporarily used on my equipment with a 50mm CCTV lens I attached, which gives me a 8 degree fov for the new PA routine. Again, no crashes.
3 years 1 month ago #67541

I should mention that we use ZWO cameras only, also for guiding. And the crashes only happen if we use the FITS viewer a lot. The issue with the blank images also happens during sequences. Sometimes there are horizontal bands, sometimes just blank images. Very strange.
3 years 1 month ago #67544

Yet another week of full clouds with no chance to test anything.

I’m also using ZWO camera’s for autoguiding as well.

Hopefully newer build fix this as a lot of folks are upgrading to these newer chips.
3 years 1 month ago #67837

You can try to reproduce the crashes during daytime by covering your telescope with a white t-shirt to dim the entering light and taking 60 sec (for example) images. No need to wait for a clear night. As a matter of fact, with a bit of luck you can solve this before the next clear night so you won’t waste that!
3 years 1 month ago #67838

For this specific issue I need to be able test this with guiding, mount control etc etc. I don't have an issue taking multiple subs like for calibration subs (darks, flats, bias) as this is only occurring during imaging runs for some reason.

I have upgraded my Pi4 onto the beta channel yesterday so if/when I get some good weather I'll be able to test it.
3 years 3 weeks ago #67904

Time to create page: 0.875 seconds