INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

PHD2 keeps losing camera connection, but internal Ekos guider does not

• Thank you received: 20
So I'm working up to imaging with my BRAND! NEW! CEM70! MOUNT!. Between the clouds and the cold, it's been hard to even get stars to look at, much less capture targets.

One peculiar thing I noticed that last time I tried is that while INDI seems to see my ASI120MC-S guide camera, but PHD2 keeps losing the connection after a few frames. This happens whether I connect through the USB in the mount or directly. The weird thing is that it had been working fine previously. Also pretty weirdly, the internal Ekos guider seems to pull frames just fine.

Any ideas? I'd like to use PHD2 if I can, since that gives me pretty granular control over parameters and the Guiding Assistant to help me set them.

Thanks!
3 years 1 month ago #67498

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 53
Canyou attach your PHD2 Debug Log from the night in question?
Are you connecting PHD2 to the INDI driver or the native driver?
Is your imaging camera another ZWO?
Are PHD2 and the INDI driver running on the same computer?

Check that PHD2 is onnecting to the correct camera in the Connection screen.
If you are connecting PHD2 to the native driver then that could be conflicting with the INDI driver
Ot there may be some comms issue
3 years 1 month ago #67506

I'll see if I can scrape up thee log. Everything is connected through INDI; I checked that PHD was connected to the correct camera (my imaging cam is a ZWO). Everything is running on one computer, though the Ekos profile uses "remote" mode to localhost.
3 years 1 month ago #67513

Well, slap my fanny and hand me to my mommy, I think you may have figured it. When I chose "INDI Camera" instead of "ZWO" for the camera, it appears to work better. I can't set up the mount right now for some reason -- my only choice for driver is my old mount -- but this is big progress.
3 years 1 month ago #67518

Well, now I feel pretty stupid -- I have been running it with the native driver for YEARS and occasionally dealing with issues that felt like Ekos and PHD2 were fighting over the camera. I redid the profile and the currently-connected mount came up as a choice in the dialog when I connected it. Appears to be working perfectly now, though I won't know for sure until I can try it under stars. Thanks Keng!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken Self, Roland Roberts
3 years 1 month ago #67519

• Thank you received: 4
Last night PhD was guiding perfection. Today it kept losing the connection with the camera. Somehow, I had managed to make exactly this mistake and apparently reset something so it was trying to use the native driver instead of the INDI connection. I had turned off autoguiding to get imaging done while I came inside to try to find out what was going on. This post and thread saved me a lot of grief. I went back outside, found that was exactly the problem and voile, guiding worked again.

Of course, that's when the clouds rolled in.
3 years 1 month ago #67634

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds