INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Remove Sticky Announcement?

• Thank you received: 16
I know it's just a nit, but is there a preference setting to remove that sticky "INDI Library v1.8.9 Released" announcement from the top of the page?  It's so big that it takes up much of the screen, and it comes back on every refresh - even after clicking the X or marking all announcements as read.  Is there a way to mark it read so I don't see it again, or maybe to choose not to see announcements?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Sütterlin
3 years 3 weeks ago #69225

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 133
+1, I would really prefer if it remembered that I clicked it away and doesn't show up again....
3 years 1 week ago #69629

• Thank you received: 16
Anything would help: Make it smaller, bottom of page, notification indicator - anything. It takes up half of the screen on EVERY refresh!
3 years 4 days ago #69967

• Thank you received: 109

Replied by Jim on topic Remove Sticky Announcement?

Ideally it would just stay gone when dismissed until it is updated again, by checking a cookie. At worst it should stay gone for the session. I looked briefly to see if there were settings for it, but have not found much yet. It can be turned off, but Jasem likes to use it for INDI releases.

Jim

3 years 4 days ago #69973

• Thank you received: 161

Replied by Alfred on topic Remove Sticky Announcement?

I have the uBlock Origin Plugin installed in Firefox. This allows you to remove ANY object from ANY website. It works perfectly well here to remove the unwanted announcement (as well as numberless ads that manage to escape the common filter lists on other websites). Select element picker mode, mark the unwanted object, click CREATE (new filter rule) and you're done. The object will never show up again.
Last edit: 3 years 4 days ago by Alfred.
3 years 4 days ago #69975

• Thank you received: 420
That's what I did on my laptop as well but the plugin isn't available for my iPhone so there this doesn't work.
3 years 3 days ago #69989

• Thank you received: 108

Replied by nou on topic Remove Sticky Announcement?

And when we are talking about wasted space can we get rid of that profile bar above? Because together with that sticky announcement it takes almost whole screen.
3 years 3 days ago #69995

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds