INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler feature?

• Thank you received: 16
I continue to be impressed with the latest release of StellarMate OS... so much that I decided to give the Scheduler module a try.  It was very successful!  I had a few interruptions due to passing clouds and it handled the guiding abort and restart fine.  Very impressed!

One question and/or request for improvement.  When the clouds passed and guiding/capturing resumed, the alignment was a bit off due to mount drift.  Is there a option or switch that will force plate solving after an abort?  If not, could a switch be added to the "options" to force a plate solve?

Thanks!

Ron
2 years 10 months ago #71817

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I believe this is still trying ot be worked out. the current solution for the time being is to create multiple jobs in the scheduler for the same target and set it to force realignment on every job. This way it will constantly realign during the night. Not perfect but it works for now. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron Clanton
2 years 10 months ago #71891

Replied by Ron Clanton on topic Scheduler feature?

That's a great idea!  I could foresee creating 2 hour chunks and having each one re-align/plate solve, focus and initiate guiding with the scheduler.  Then I could remove the auto-focus command in the capture sequence.

As an alternative, I guess I could create just one sequence and set it to repeat until terminated.  Would that do the same thing?

While not perfect, it should work.

Thanks!

Ron
2 years 10 months ago #71897

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds